Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost a year ago, when I was researching EVs, lots of Tesla marketing drivatives outlet on YouTube and web made fun of Jaguar when it had a break recall on its first ever EV, now Tesla's well matured SUV has a recall of its own.

I know it happens to all car manufacturers but they should not have acted as every issue could be solved by SOTA.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesla-recall/tesla-recalls-15000-model-x-suvs-for-power-steering-issue-in-north-america-idUSKBN2062XO?feedType=mktg&feedName=topNews&WT.mc_id=Partner-Google

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
@SeanM1: we do need to differentiate third party/Tesla fan comments from the manufacturer themselves. I don't think Tesla posted these comments did they?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@SeanM1: we do need to differentiate third party/Tesla fan comments from the manufacturer themselves. I don't think Tesla posted these comments did they?
Its their derivative marketing that made it like everything can be fixed by SOTA. I just wanted to point out that is not the case.
So it's ok to have a recall. It's hard to create a perfect car. It's nothing shameful and it can happen to any manufacturer including the king of SOTA.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sean; I don't know if you are playing dumb or are dumb but surely you know that only software can be done OTA and you can't get brakes and tyres and bolts etc teletransported over the air..........!

OK so Elon may be working on it - you know decompose items and transport by internet and then re-assemble (and fit?) at the destination. That woudl be cool but a bit sci-fi

·
Registered
602 Posts
Sean; I don't know if you are playing dumb or are dumb but surely you know that only software can be done OTA and you can't get brakes and tyres and bolts etc teletransported over the air..........!

OK so Elon may be working on it - you know decompose items and transport by internet and then re-assemble (and fit?) at the destination. That woudl be cool but a bit sci-fi
I think Sean's point is the opposite of what you think. He said that Tesla marketing makes it appear that everything can be fixed via SOTA when it indeed cannot - hence the recall.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
277 Posts

Capt Kirk and his buddies managed it long ago. Why not?
Another nail in the coffin of automechanics.?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I think Sean's point is the opposite of what you think. He said that Tesla marketing makes it appear that everything can be fixed via SOTA when it indeed cannot - hence the recall.
Thank you @CurtSprings2 .

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

@GuyDreaming , maybe you should read the post first before making comments.
I think users on this forum now know who is the dumb one.

Anytime a car manufacturer thinks it is necessary to have a recall for good reason or to save lives then they should do it. There is nothing wrong with such action.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Ok c'mon now, you guys all have good points, it's a textbook case of talking past another. I encourage a deep textual analysis of the posts :)

·
Registered
602 Posts

Thank you @CurtSprings2 .
Prego!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Ok c'mon now, you guys all have good points, it's a textbook case of talking past another. I encourage a deep textual analysis of the posts :)
Your use of vernacular creates a friendly tone that draws the conflicting parties in. Then, with with a playfully sarcastic suggestion, you reinforce this positive message. Finally, a simple smiley emoji punctuates the message, lightens the mood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts