Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this adapter on Amazon recently, received it a couple of days ago, and tested it yesterday on a free Tesla destination charger. It worked well. I bought it to have more options in hotels to charge the IPace. Sometimes, they only have Tesla chargers.
Anyone has experience to share with those kind of converter ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought this adapter on Amazon recently, received it a couple of days ago, and tested it yesterday on a free Tesla destination charger. It worked well. I bought it to have more options in hotels to charge the IPace. Sometimes, they only have Tesla chargers.
Anyone has experience to share with those kind of converter ?
I got one right after I bought my I Pce since I had a Tesla at the time and was using the Tesla cable at home. It worked well there, but I had trouble getting it to work at destination chargers. Until I actually read the directions someone pointed out here! Plug it into the car first, wait 30 seconds, then connect the charger cable. Works every time now. Oddly, I just found a card with directions that came with the TeslaTap which has a slightly different order. It says to plug the TeslaTap into the cable first for 30 seconds, THEN into the car. I haven't tried this order yet.

It is a great thing to have if you travel a bit, since most hotels seem to have the destination chargers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have been using the adapter for two years and it works perfectly. No issues. I attach it in varying sequences and not encountered an issue. It is almost like a required item to have in the I-Pace as I use it frequently.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’m probably not the only with what may be a silly question, but can we assume DCFC throughput or is it throttled?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts