Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this adapter on Amazon recently, received it a couple of days ago, and tested it yesterday on a free Tesla destination charger. It worked well. I bought it to have more options in hotels to charge the IPace. Sometimes, they only have Tesla chargers.
Anyone has experience to share with those kind of converter ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought this adapter on Amazon recently, received it a couple of days ago, and tested it yesterday on a free Tesla destination charger. It worked well. I bought it to have more options in hotels to charge the IPace. Sometimes, they only have Tesla chargers.
Anyone has experience to share with those kind of converter ?
I got one right after I bought my I Pce since I had a Tesla at the time and was using the Tesla cable at home. It worked well there, but I had trouble getting it to work at destination chargers. Until I actually read the directions someone pointed out here! Plug it into the car first, wait 30 seconds, then connect the charger cable. Works every time now. Oddly, I just found a card with directions that came with the TeslaTap which has a slightly different order. It says to plug the TeslaTap into the cable first for 30 seconds, THEN into the car. I haven't tried this order yet.

It is a great thing to have if you travel a bit, since most hotels seem to have the destination chargers.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have been using the adapter for two years and it works perfectly. No issues. I attach it in varying sequences and not encountered an issue. It is almost like a required item to have in the I-Pace as I use it frequently.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I’m probably not the only with what may be a silly question, but can we assume DCFC throughput or is it throttled?

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
162 Posts
I got one right after I bought my I Pce since I had a Tesla at the time and was using the Tesla cable at home. It worked well there, but I had trouble getting it to work at destination chargers. Until I actually read the directions someone pointed out here! Plug it into the car first, wait 30 seconds, then connect the charger cable. Works every time now. Oddly, I just found a card with directions that came with the TeslaTap which has a slightly different order. It says to plug the TeslaTap into the cable first for 30 seconds, THEN into the car. I haven't tried this order yet.

It is a great thing to have if you travel a bit, since most hotels seem to have the destination chargers.
Now that you found out how to get the adapter to work have you had any success on Tesla super chargers that I see everywhere?

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
162 Posts
That is a shame. I was at the movies yesterday. They removed all the EVGO chargers and replaced them with Tesla chargers. How would I differentiate a super charger from destinations? What app would I need or do you just swipe a credit card for use? Thanks

·
Registered
2020 I-Pace S
46 Posts
what adapteer did u buy. The ones I've found are rated at 40 amp max. and my home destination charger is rated at 48 amps. I don't want to set the cable on fire

·
Registered
9 Posts
thank you so much. I just ordered it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts