Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going to be out of town for ten days with our 2019 I Pace in our garage. We will charge the car before we go. Should we leave it on our L2 charger in the garage or disconnect? Concern is the amount of energy the car uses while sitting unused versus the capacity of the 12V battery. We are assuming the 12V will stay charged if the car is left connected. Any downside to leaving the car connected?

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
We are going to be out of town for ten days with our 2019 I Pace in our garage. We will charge the car before we go. Should we leave it on our L2 charger in the garage or disconnect? Concern is the amount of energy the car uses while sitting unused versus the capacity of the 12V battery. We are assuming the 12V will stay charged if the car is left connected. Any downside to leaving the car connected?
My car sat outside unplugged, in the middle of winter for nearly 3 weeks without any issues or loss of charge. I can’t think of any benefit to leaving it plugged in

·
Registered
997 Posts
First, make sure you've gotten software updates so the old battery drain is gone.
Second, just in case, pop the frunk before you go, assuming the car is left outside.
Third, leave it unplugged to save power from the wall charger.

·
Registered
113 Posts
We were just out of the country for 9 days. Parked unplugged in garage, 96% charge when left, 95% when returned.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've had my car parked for up to 14 days while traveling. No decline of battery for traction battery and the 12V battery responded just fine. I don't think there is a downside to keeping it connected, but I doubt you'll need to keep it connected. Most folks who have traveled for more than a week have had no problems.

Reactions: dtgsrq

·
Registered
84 Posts
I plan to be away for a month and have the car's timer set (through preconditioning) for my overnight cheap rate. My question is if I leave it plugged in for that month, after the first overnight charge at some point will it want to top itself up and if so will it only do it based on the preconditioning schedule? Has anyone successfully used timed charging more than once without disconnecting in between charges?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I plan to be away for a month and have the car's timer set (through preconditioning) for my overnight cheap rate. My question is if I leave it plugged in for that month, after the first overnight charge at some point will it want to top itself up and if so will it only do it based on the preconditioning schedule? Has anyone successfully used timed charging more than once without disconnecting in between charges?
Again I would just run the main battery close to 50% and just park it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts