Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my TCU software was updated over the air at home to version 19.2 from version 18.2. I have a 2019 I-Pace HSE.

The update was 1MB and downloaded via the telematics network (?) - WiFi and my in-car SIM were not connected.

The update took only a minute or two to download, and less than 20 minutes to install. The process went smoothly.

After the update I noticed that the touch screen, navigation system, etc. seem to respond more quickly than prior to the update.

Has anyone else noticed any performance differences or other changes? Does anyone have the release notes for this version?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm way back on 14.2.

G
Apparently Jaguar is finally releasing SOTA updates after months of bug squashing... I was the first to get it here in Japan. I think you need to be updated to 18.2 to begin the over-the-air update process so you may need to have it done at the dealer.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
120 Posts
I've seen 18.2 get pushed via OTA, but this is the first report I'm seeing of 19.2. Last I had heard, it seems like 19.2 had been pulled from most markets for unknown reasons. JLR's Topix site didn't even make mention of it when I went through release notes a few weeks ago. Hopefully it's been re-released. Anyone else get it?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
900 Posts
Did not get it yet but I did notice that the TOPIx notice for 19.2 SOTA suspension had been removed.

I wonder if the US market will require dealers to go into TOPIx and turn on SOTA for TCU updates like they did for Infotainment. Time will tell.

I'm coming up on 21K mile service. If not delivered OTA, it might get updated when the dealer hooks up Pathfinder for the standard checking for faults and updates.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Did not get it yet but I did notice that the TOPIx notice for 19.2 SOTA suspension had been removed.

I wonder if the US market will require dealers to go into TOPIx and turn on SOTA for TCU updates like they did for Infotainment. Time will tell.

I'm coming up on 21K mile service. If not delivered OTA, it might get updated when the dealer hooks up Pathfinder for the standard checking for faults and updates.
At this point there is a toggle in Topix that needs to be flipped before TCU updates are sent down:

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
The question is whether a dealer will have to do that or if Jaguar will have the good sense to toggle it at the corporate level when they are confident about sending it out.

Depending on dealers to toggle the option has never been a good idea. There are many people who rarely go to dealers, go to dealers where they didn't buy car, etc. What dealer has staff to go about checking in TOPIx for this and flipping it on for cars that are not on location (in inventory or in for service)?

·
Registered
120 Posts
The question is whether a dealer will have to do that or if Jaguar will have the good sense to toggle it at the corporate level when they are confident about sending it out.

Depending on dealers to toggle the option has never been a good idea. There are many people who rarely go to dealers, go to dealers where they didn't buy car, etc. What dealer has staff to go about checking in TOPIx for this and flipping it on for cars that are not on location (in inventory or in for service)?
For what it's worth, I was able to call the service department at my local dealership and after giving them some guidance, was able to get them to flip it (y)

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
That's the point. You took action to get the option toggled. The dealer didn't do it on their own, nor did Jaguar corporate.
They majority of I-pace owners wouldn't know what task for, nor be able to give guidance.

We should not have to do that.

·
Registered
963 Posts
2 separate dealers in SoCal have told me try will update it to 19.2 from my current 18.2 but wound charge me $495 because it's not on Topix so it's not required and JLR corporate wouldn't pay them to do it.

I would rather wait till any potential bugs are worked out anyway

·
Registered
2020 Indus Silver
26 Posts
At this point there is a toggle in Topix that needs to be flipped before TCU updates are sent down:

View attachment 4763
Thanks for the screen shot. This shows that there is just one switch for SOTA, not one for Infotainment and a separate one for TCU. I asked my dealer to turn on SOTA and I updated the Infotainment that way. I'm on 16.2 and totally satisfied. I'll be waiting to hear lots of good things about the TCU update before trying to upgrade it. I am pretty sure they don't "push" these updates. I believe you have to check and then decide if you want to "pull" it. As always, time will tell.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't think the update will install silently. You always have to accept or skip the update, when the update is ready for you. At least, this is the case for the infotainment update. I guess that will also be the case for the TCU update.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts