Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to the forum and trying to understand if fellow members had similar issue as the one I am facing. I Recently purchased a 2019 HSE model. Using Wattcat, I was able to find out my TCU software version was 16.2. Took the car to the dealer to update the software and dealer said they are not able to update the TCU software version to the latest version (19.2) as the TCU unit is not allowing the update. They ordered a new TCU unit (after opening a case with Jaguar, they authorized the TCU replacement). Today I was told they can't update the software in the new unit as well. Dealer has ordered another new TCU unit which is shipped from Canada.

I am trying to see if anyone else had similar issue where TCU software could not be updated and the TCU had to be replaced (possibly multiple times). The dealer said they had to go through 5 TCU units before getting one updated for another customer. Missing the car since it is with the dealer for a week so far :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wished I knew what rev my TCU is. The Car won't tell me. Others have said this was an issue with the 14.2 rev. Everything is working OK, so I am not dying to have my charging system messed with. Remember Tesla taking KW away by changing the software, to ensure the batteries don't go bad before the warranty runs out. If they come out with a Rev that will stop locking the charging port on an unlocked car I might look into it.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have a 2020 HSE and just completed my 21,000 mile service. My car was still on TCU 16.2 and so I requested an update. Got it back on 19.2 That said, I had requested updates previously and got the same response "Nothing showed available for YOUR car." Persistence and/or patience.
Since getting it back, I have noticed when 100% SOC the range reads 252 now instead of 234 it was showing before the service/update (plus or minus, depending on how much city/highway driving I've done recently).

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am still on 14.2 and the dealer says they can’t update it either. I am not sure what the benefits are of having the latest version so am not clamouring for it, however anytime I am in the dealer for service I ask them to update it. I am not losing sleep over it and I figure one day it will get updated.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Same problem I have. Unbale to update. Dealer already tried one new control model and it didn't update. Waiting for another new one.
The new TCU module was able to update in my case. So I'm on 19.2 and latest battery software.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Dealer said they had to try multiple times to get my 2020 to 19.2, but finally did. Don't know what tricks they had to pull.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts