Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is what they said on the dealer report - "TCU AT LATEST VERSION PER SOTA SERVER. SHOWING NO UPDATES AVAILABLE". So I guess I will stay at 14.2 until a problem forces them to change the module and update it further.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Mine continues to show nothing...never has never will. Also, in the process of checking, no matter what I do the response comes back in milliseconds saying there is no update. That makes me think that it really never checked for the update.

·
Super Moderator
2,532 Posts
Mine continues to show nothing...never has never will. Also, in the process of checking, no matter what I do the response comes back in milliseconds saying there is no update. That makes me think that it really never checked for the update.
That's exactly how mine behaves.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
628 Posts
Can anyone document a problem that the 19.2 update fixed that did not also coincide with a new module? I am on 17.2 and have no problems. Not sure why we are wanting a newer version.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Before updating, I had the same issue. That's how I took it to the dealer. They had to order 2 TCU units before they got a good one and updated it. I know they replaced the TCU as when I got the car back, I had a different number for my TCU IMEI (this is from Wattcat)

·
Registered
798 Posts
While my car was in the body shop, it was taken to the dealer for a new 12V battery. While there, the infotainment was updated to
S20C1_20.48.3-635557. The option to update the TCU via SOTA is gone! The BECM update button is still there but not the TCU. Beyond disappointed!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
While my car was in the body shop, it was taken to the dealer for a new 12V battery. While there, the infotainment was updated to
S20C1_20.48.3-635557. The option to update the TCU via SOTA is gone! The BECM update button is still there but not the TCU. Beyond disappointed!
Curt, that's just crazy! Didn't they check this out at all? What do these dealers do?

·
Super Moderator
2,532 Posts
What a sihtshow. Is it possible that your TCU hardware does not support SOTA and so they simply disabled the menu option?

Edit: having said that, I have a hard time believing that the hardware itself is incompatible. There may be a firmware layer that's the real incompatibility, which only the dealer can upgrade. There are many "hardware" versions listed in various vehicles but I think that's firmware, not actual hardware. But I'm speculating ... maybe someone here knows?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,109 Posts
I've only ever seen two update options from the beginning. There isn't one specific to TCU.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Late last year I asked the dealer to update the TCU software. The service advisor said that the update failed and Jaguar told them not to update unless I had specific complaints. I think that my TCU probably needs replacing after reading a number of similar stories about replaced TCUs here on the forum. I have no idea why the Check for Update button is missing. It's just very frustrating because I am on 14.2 and complained to the dealer about a number of communication issues between InControl Remote and the car.

Couple that with Jaguar refusing to send a restricted part to the body shop and I am one unhappy Jaguar customer. I love the car but everything around it, e.g. service, parts, has been terrible.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
And one above for infotainment?

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
That's ok.

The top update button is for "InControl Touch Pro software".
The bottom update button is for "Vehicle Software". That one can be TCU, BECM, or whatever else they enable to be pushed out, though I doubt we'll see this used much.

·
Registered
798 Posts
That's ok.

The top update button is for "InControl Touch Pro software".
The bottom update button is for "Vehicle Software". That one can be TCU, BECM, or whatever else they enable to be pushed out, though I doubt we'll see this used much.
My bottom one is labeled Battery Energy Management. I think the missing button was Vehicle Software but there was definitely 2 under the infotainment button.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Read the bold lettering it says "Vehicle Software." Battery Energy Management is one of the categories. TCU is the other one. The update button applies to both in "Vehicle Software".

·
Registered
312 Posts

My car shows vehicle connectivity system 19.2. Wattcat shows tcu 14.2. I thought these were the same systems?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Did your update happen at the dealer, not OTA?
The vehicle connectivity system update showed up the day after a visit to the dealership where they told me they tried to update it but couldn't - it was on 14.2 since I got the car. This was lumped together with the need for a new master controller to solve my radio issue which was cutting out. So I actual don't think the dealers know what they're talking about with these cars - just not enough experience with them. The dealer actual had to call Jaguar to diagnose the problem leading to a new controller module. Everything working fine now though I've no idea what is fully updated or needs updating or should be just left alone.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts