Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My I-Pace has received Infotainment SOTA updates, but "Vehicle Connectivity System" updates have never been found. It shows no software version at all for Vehicle Connectivity System, which I think someone said on here means it's on 14.2.

I texted with the service department of my Jaguar dealer and they said they pushed the latest TCU update out to me, but as you can see in the video below, it doesn't seem to actually check for updates at all. If I check for infotainment updates, it shows a graphic and in a moment says there aren't any. If I check for vehicle connectivity updates, it just immediate says none are available:

Has anyone received a system connectivity update from 14.2 (no version shown) to anything else over the air?

·
Registered
2019 S with S21A and 16.2
99 Posts
Yes. I received an update from 14.2 to 16.2 OTA. The service department that I purchased the car from pushed it to my car after I called them.

Is that video sped up? When I check for an infotainment update mine takes much longer and a little longer for a vehicle update. In other words, the infotainment updates takes what feels like five times longer to report no update compared to the vehicle update check.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that video sped up? When I check for an infotainment update mine takes much longer and a little longer for a vehicle update. In other words, the infotainment updates takes what feels like five times longer to report no update compared to the vehicle update check.
No, but I did connect to my home wi-fi before checking (you can see the wi-fi symbol where it normally says 4G). It's much slower when going over the mobile data network. I figured I'd try wi-fi to see if it made a difference.

Thanks for your reply! That gives me hope that it will just take a while for the car to notice.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
173 Posts
This is normal behavior across multiple TCU versions (I'm on 19.2). During startup, the vehicle checks for updates then. I have been notified of two separate TCU updates in the past at that point. I believe the button doesn't do anything; it simply returns the result from the check at startup.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Mine behaves exactly as Keith showed.
Ditto. There's so much confusion about TCU updates via SOTA. My service advisor said that 18.2 unlocks SOTA but that is contradicted by other owners on this forum. I'm still on 14.2 and have a service appointment set for next week.

·
Registered
711 Posts
My I-Pace has received Infotainment SOTA updates, but "Vehicle Connectivity System" updates have never been found. It shows no software version at all for Vehicle Connectivity System, which I think someone said on here means it's on 14.2.

I texted with the service department of my Jaguar dealer and they said they pushed the latest TCU update out to me, but as you can see in the video below, it doesn't seem to actually check for updates at all. If I check for infotainment updates, it shows a graphic and in a moment says there aren't any. If I check for vehicle connectivity updates, it just immediate says none are available:

Has anyone received a system connectivity update from 14.2 (no version shown) to anything else over the air?
This is how my IMC and TCU software versions are right now. Initially when I brought my car to the dealer to get the latest version of the TCU (19.2), they wanted to charge me $300 plus since it is considered extra service because my car is not having TCU related problems. I refused the service, took back my car, and gave the dealer a low reviews on Carfax. I got a call back and dealer said let's work something out. They tried to push the TCU update to my car. Supposedly the way this work is if the owner requests an updated to either IMC to TCU, the dealers servers (or the cloud) are able to see the request and depending on the version installed, the servers release the appropriate software version.

So when made a request to update the TCU, the dealer should be able to log in to the servers and see my car making the request. However, no matter how many tries we did, the dealer was not able to see my car making requests. So they had me take my car back to the dealer to have them look at it. So it is with the dealer right now and I don't have any updates yet.

-Ben

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
173 Posts
Ditto. There's so much confusion about TCU updates via SOTA. My service advisor said that 18.2 unlocks SOTA but that is contradicted by other owners on this forum. I'm still on 14.2 and have a service appointment set for next week.
I was updated from 16.2 to 18.2, and then to 19.2 at a later date. Much like you, I've read numerous first-hand accounts of users on 14.2 getting OTA updates. It would seem that there are previous hardware versions of the TCU module that may not play nicely with OTA, and have seen at least one owner who had theirs replaced as a result.

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the older TCU hardware required 18.2 to OTA. Doubt that's the case, but it's worth throwing out there.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Also, my car remembers the WiFi password on 16.2 and 20B now.
I think we can not take this as a general statement that apply to everyone, according to some comments on this forum.

To be honest, I don't really know what the 19.2 brings to the stability or improves on the car. My TCU with a very old hardware was not able to get any TCU update, and was not exposing its software version in the API. I guess that is why I was stuck on 14.2. But some folks here are still on 14.2 with a software version exposed. Now I have a brand new TCU wih a brand new hardware, and SOTA works like a charm... with no visible improvement, but nothing to complain either....

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I think we can not take this as a general statement that apply to everyone, according to some comments on this forum.

To be honest, I don't really know what the 19.2 brings to the stability or improves on the car. My TCU with a very old hardware was not able to get any TCU update, and was not exposing its software version in the API. I guess that is why I was stuck on 14.2. But some folks here are still on 14.2 with a software version exposed. Now I have a brand new TCU wih a brand new hardware, and SOTA works like a charm... with no visible improvement, but nothing to complain either....
I think I am in your boat, mine has never shown version, and I do not receive any updates. I am due for a set of services next week, it will be interesting to see if anything happens from a dealer upgrade.

Then again I am not sure what I would gain. The system boots very fast, I charge well, have had no issues, and am generally pretty happy with the current state of things since 20B.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It finally stopped connecting to WiFi. I went into the settings, connectivity and WiFi were turned off. That is the first time something like this has happened. So I turned both back on and connected it to the WiFi. When I went to check for an update it was already on 20C. It probably worked the entire time before the update to 20C. I’m still on TCU 16.2.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Man, this makes me nervous. Is there anyone who has NO VERSION shown on the Vehicle Connectivity System who has eventually received an update OTA? Or have those all turned out to need service?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I received my iPace with no version in TCU software displayed. I had to call the dealer and they pushed updates to the car. I went out to the car and received a TCU update to 16.2 and an infotainment update. I have received two more infotainment updates since then automatically.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I received my iPace with no version in TCU software displayed. I had to call the dealer and they pushed updates to the car. I went out to the car and received a TCU update to 16.2 and an infotainment update. I have received two more infotainment updates since then automatically.
Thanks Proxy, that's good news. The dealer said a week or so that they've pushed a TCU update to my car but I haven't seen anything yet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I went to the car 30 minutes after hanging up with the service department and the screen displayed the updates available.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts