Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've convinced a friend to get a Taycan 4S. Wonderful car, but there are so many options that they nickle and dime you on.

Base model is $103k, but with any decent options it came out to $147k!

He even said he has a whole new appreciation for the I-Pace and that it's a lot of bang for the buck.
Everything on the Taycan seems to be 2x the I-Pace.
Full leather option is $4k, Alcantara headliner almost $1800

For what you get and with discounts, I would say the I-Pace is the best value for an EV

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the wonderful world of optioning out and paying for a Porsche. ?
Im not a Porsche guy but I do love the Taycan.
I can't comprehend paying more for less though. Remove a door handle? Pay extra
Remove carpet? Pay extra

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
We have had 3 Porsches (2006 911 4S, 2009 911 Turbo cab and a 2017 911S). All such great cars. Porsche's ordering and charges for everything is insane though!!

We have had a $2500 deposit on a Taycan for about 6 months. Our local Porsche (Rusnak) dealer got their first Taycan Turbo in. The dealer let us drive it for about 15 mins (surface streets and highway). AMAZING car.

Lease prices will be crazy though. The Taycan makes the I-Pace feel as affordable as a Prius, LOL. The sticker price for the Taycan we drove was over $200,000. That's stupid!

While my spouse and I loved the Taycan, the I-Pace felt more "British" luxurious!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have had 3 Porsches (2006 911 4S, 2009 911 Turbo cab and a 2017 911S). All such great cars. Porsche's ordering and charges for everything is insane though!!

We have had a $2500 deposit on a Taycan for about 6 months. Our local Porsche (Rusnak) dealer got their first Taycan Turbo in. The dealer let us drive it for about 15 mins (surface streets and highway). AMAZING car.

Lease prices will be crazy though. The Taycan makes the I-Pace feel as affordable as a Prius, LOL. The sticker price for the Taycan we drove was over $200,000. That's stupid!

While my spouse and I loved the Taycan, the I-Pace felt more "British" luxurious!
I love the Taycan. Definitely a good buy for you

I saw a Panamera Turbo Hybrid for $223k, now that's a rip off.

Ipace and Taycan make a good match in the garage

·
Registered
157 Posts
Having had four 911s over the years, yeah, you can easily at 20-30% in options getting the things you really want. Porsche options are pricey and things you'd expect to be standard are options as well (auto-dimming mirrors for example). The leather interior option you mention at that price is the "full" leather option which has more parts covered in leather than our cars make available. (I quote full because it isn't really full, there are additional leather options as well - such as leather AC vents).

All that said, $44k (40%) in options means that car has more than just the decent options, it has some fairly extensive ones. Calling out the example you gave, the alcantara headliner isn't really needed to make the car decent, the standard headliners are pretty nice themselves.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oohhh... leather AC vents! So necessary.

131k for me, but red is several thousand more. Sufficient luxury, performance, and self-driving.
I was impressed wirh the self driving. We took in on traffic on the freeway and it was very smooth, not jerky like the Ipace

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I visited the Porsche site, and the "$101k" Taycan was $114,340. There are $9,190 in "options" that are mandatory: Bigger battery, glass roof, & portable EVSE.
I can understand the battery and roof, but not the EVSE. Not everybody needs one, and it's $1,120 which is about the most expensive portable cable ever sold.
I never used my Jaguar one except to test that it worked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts