Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2020 S
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my I-Pace about 3 weeks now, and I'm a little confused about the ride height. I've noticed sometimes when I get home that the car is standing tall, but I've never purposefully raised the car. I know the car will automatically lower at highway speeds, but mine seems to automatically raise sometimes. I haven't felt it raise while driving so I haven't figured out when it's happening or what could be triggering it. Is it supposed to do this? Could driving over speed bumps cause this reaction?

I've learned to check the height before opening the hatch in the garage. When the garage door is open then the hatch can bump the garage door with the car setting on the high side.

·
Registered
776 Posts
You can set it to automatically lower to the minimum height when stopping and/or parking. In my case I did have it set to automatically lowering, but when I'd pull out of my driveway, unless I truly creeped out, I would just barely scrape the front. So I've set it now so the height is 'normal' and my driveway issue has been solved.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm in a similar predicament. After not seeing my car raise or lower, on its own in 3 weeks of ownership, last week, I noticed a raising or dropping when I turned off/on the car in the garage. Odd but as I was playing with settings, figured I must have selected a setting. Stopped at a local service dept to introduce myself to the service manager (tactical set up for when the car doesn't start one day) and ask about a screw that had fallen out of the frunk and mentioned this to him. Had me toggle thru settings to access height and switch it off. As he watched, he saw what I did- it wasn't checked so I asked "does this mean I have to check it to get it NOT to raise and lower?" He was dumbfounded. Obvioulsy he expected that it had been selected and had no answer for me.
After toggling on and off, the car hasn't changed heights on its own. That is until yesterday when it decided of it's own volition to puff up its chest again- a noticeable front raise. Checked the height option and it's still not checked. I'm starting to think I'm living in Westworld.....

·
Registered
2020 S
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't have the Auto Access Height selected, but if I'm understanding the manual correctly the Auto Access Height only lowers the car if it's at Normal height. If it was higher then I don't think the car would automatically lower. I'm wondering if the suspension has gone into Extended Mode a few times for some reason.

·
Registered
776 Posts
If you're talking about access mode, it works in Eco mode for me. I just tested it to make sure.
Hmm, need to check that again Curt. As I recall it wasn't going into access mode and I couldn't figure out why. When I put it into Comfort it then lowered to access mode. I'll check again to ensure I didn't suffer a brain fart.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hmm, need to check that again Curt. As I recall it wasn't going into access mode and I couldn't figure out why. When I put it into Comfort it then lowered to access mode. I'll check again to ensure I didn't suffer a brain fart.
It's so strange but considering how many different software versions there are for all the modules I can't say I'm surprised (I'm still on TCU 14.2 for just one example). I drove most of the winter in Eco mode and Auto Access Height worked well but I thought that perhaps one of the new updates had a bug. I've stayed primarily in Comfort mode since early April so I wanted to test your theory in Eco. Auto Access doesn't change the height until I open the door and I can both hear and feel the change. The only thing I can think is perhaps your car is in Off Road height? This will keep the access height from engaging.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Curt, never had it in off-road height, but just checked the electronic manual and it confirms the behavior I’ve observed. Of course it doesn't explain why yours works in Eco mode. Could it be different software or a software glitch? Here‘s the manual’s explanation:

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
78 Posts
Somewhat on the topic, has anyone with a 2020 been able to successfully get the car to stay in the lowered ride height mode? Mine seems to automatically raise, likely at a certain speed threshold.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I wonder if we have the same firmware? It’s odd that the online manual’s explanation is consistent with my car’s behavior and yet other cars deviate from the expected behavior. Truthfully I’d rather it behave the same way in all modes. I see no reason why the behavior in Eco mode should be different. I can’t imagine access height would be such a power hog.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'm with you, Ken. It's crazy that the same model acts differently due to software/firmware differences. And totally agreed that auto access height not supposed to work in Eco mode doesn't make sense. Glad mine does 😊.

·
Super Moderator
2,263 Posts
Hi Voltcat, welcome! Does it stay low? I'm a big fan of Dynamic mode, especially now that I've learned from the folks on this forum that the torque split is 50/50 in Dynamic but 0/100 in Comfort. I wish the car would remember the last setting so that I don't have to push that button every time I start the car!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wish the car would stay low but I’ve always found that it will rise to normal height pretty quickly as you drive off. Not sure if it’s a distance thing or speed, I think if set in off road height the cut off is like 45mph before it will auto lower to normal height.

·
Super Moderator
2,263 Posts
I have to try that. According to the manual, "Normal driving automatically adjusts the suspension height setting from access height to normal height."

On a related note, did you guys know that there are two settings for offroad height? I had no idea you can go higher by pressing the 'up' button twice. Now I'm even more impressed; all the driving we did in the desert was with the first setting, not the highest one, and it did great on that. What a beast!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts