Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

suspension height adjustment not available

4K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  wuxyjj@yahoo.com 
#1 ·
My 2019 FE with 35798 miles just showed the following message: "Normal suspension height only available" and height adjustment (up or own) then became inactive. Back to normal after parking and restart but happened again after driving a few miles. Anyone experienced this before? Will contact dealer tomorrow but want to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Assuming no lowering links are installed...

A leak in air suspension system, a sensor fault, a broken height sensor link, or air compressor issue can lead to this type of problem. Since normal ride height can be achieved (as indicated by the message), it is probably not a compressor problem.

Did anyone press and hold the height adjustment buttons and manage to lock it at normal height?
Can you hear the compressor run if you initially fully power up the car but just sit there in park?
Does it lean to one side or corner?
If you have auto access height activated, does it drop all the way down when the car is shut off and you exit it?
Will it drop down to access height when you press the button while in park?
If you power it up to full power on mode but remain in park, can you raise it all the way up to off-road height? If so, can you lower it through normal and back to access height?

#4 ·
I received this message and it was an air leak in expansion chamber. See more here:

The repair was covered by warranty.

Apparently the car will lock itself into Normal height when there is a problem with the system as long as the individual air bags are not leaking. My understanding is that is designed to avoid over stressing/burning out the compressor.

Reactions: Slam08
#5 ·
Went to the local dealer but have to wait until next week. Told ok to drive.

When the car first starts, all are normal and I can raise and low the car. After a mile or so, the message came and no more suspension height adjustment. No more lowering when exit either. Otherwise, all seems to be normal except the suspension seems stiffed.

#6 ·
Update
While waiting for the dealer to check the car next week, I noticed something new. The cruise is not available any more. Not sure if this is related to this suspension problem but there was another message right after the suspension message, which appears within a minute after the car got started each time. It only stayed for a few seconds each time then it is gone. It says something like “the emergency smart break system is not available". Is it possible that some sensors caused the car to disable few related features? Any thoughts on that? The dealer said no problem to drive. What do you think? Thanks

#7 ·
Your auxiliary battery (the troublesome small 12V battery) may be weak. It supplies power to the brake system that would be needed for that function. The fault may be detected with a weak battery at the initial power up. The fault may be clearing as soon as the DC-DC converter starts to supply a charge (via PSDB) to recharge that battery.

#9 ·
I had a feeling that those two, actually three (no cruise), are related due to some sensor. My car did not drop so no air leaking. It can go up or down so hardware works but the system must disable some features as it is not getting needed feedback to adjust. Just a guess. Anyway, I do feel the ride is much rougher so suspension is likely not doing its job.

#12 ·
Update:

Dropped the card at the dealer and took a ride home (no loaner available). The WattCat showed the car were test driven twice at 9:12:45am and 5:07:24pm, respectively and then fully charged overnight. The WattCat also showed a DIST_TO_SERVICE_KM alert yesterday morning. Then, unexpected, the car was delivered back to me this morning. Was told all were fixed and my service advisor will let me know details next Tuesday when she get back from vacation. Apparently, she was rush to leave yesterday and did not have time to complete the paperwork when the technician finished the work late afternoon.

All seems fine now but it left me wonder what has been done. Any predictions? It should not be something major or it should be that quick. Anyway, she really should give me a call but I did get my car back quickly. Will report back next week.

Also, while at the dealer, saw a while I-Pace tucked in. The driver said the car were driven through the water and died. I thought EV can drive though water. Maybe he got too deep for too long.

#13 ·
I think I had these problems one time and I found some setting I had turned on or off that did it. I don't remember what setting it was. But there was a time that I was messing with all the buttons on the center console. My memory may be blowing smoke across it.

#17 ·
Update:

Finally got some information from my service advisor. Here is the summary.

1) They found a leaking (seems lot of work) and fixed it (had needed parts)
2) Replaced and installed new TCU.

No more messages and all functions are back to normally now. Not sure if the leaking or TCU caused those functions to be disabled. Still not getting 20.2. Here are details.

Colorfulness Photograph Light Blue Rectangle

Light Product Rectangle Blue Azure

Light Rectangle Blue Font Screenshot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.