Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our I-pace only has 400 miles on it and twice the suspension has gone wonky and told us that there is a fault detected and stopped being able to be adjusted. both times after shutting the car off for a few hours and returning for another trip did it start to work normally again. does anyone have any experience with this issue? the car is two weeks old, I am irritated to have to take it in already.

·
Registered
692 Posts
So our I-pace only has 400 miles on it and twice the suspension has gone wonky and told us that there is a fault detected and stopped being able to be adjusted. both times after shutting the car off for a few hours and returning for another trip did it start to work normally again. does anyone have any experience with this issue? the car is two weeks old, I am irritated to have to take it in already.
Are you adjusting the air suspension multiple times during a drive? The attached screenshot is from iGuide and the 2nd paragraph mentions that the system can lack enough air to adjust the suspension but will add air as the car is parked.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya know, we hardly ever even try to adjust the suspension. both times its gone haywire, we were not even messing with it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Someone who knows about air suspension please help. Is it possible that the seals inside the air struts might leak after sitting unused on a car lot for months?

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
JLR air suspension is really really good. They have decades of experience and while it's possible that there's a physical issue with the suspension my hunch is that it's a bad sensor or maybe an insidious short somewhere.

My 2004 VW Touareg has air suspension and it blows my mind that it's still going strong despite the years of abuse. JLR's air suspension technology is at least as good and reliable.

We can speculate about the cause of the issue but bottom line is that, austin, you should probably just bring it in so that they can read the fault codes. Frustrating, I know, but have them do all the software updates too and I (we) will keep fingers crossed they can fix it. 🍺 🍺 🍺

·
Registered
692 Posts
Interesting article about Jaguar air suspension failures. Failures are normally due to age but the bottom line is to get an expert to diagnose the issue.

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
Interesting article about Jaguar air suspension failures. Failures are normally due to age but the bottom line is to get an expert to diagnose the issue.
Hmmm, not so sure about the source here ... random shop in Redwood City that wants to seem like the expert on the issue. 🍺

·
Registered
692 Posts
Definitely not pushing anyone away from the dealer. Their discussion mirrored other articles especially along the recommendation to have someone who knows what they're doing diagnose the problem. For us it's all under warranty and the dealer should be our source.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts