Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
True but again - coming from modified cars before, I never turn at full lock anyways out of habit.
lol. I always do. Am I not supposed to? Our street ends in a cul de sac so I make a u-turn in the cul de sac all the time. I wish the I pace had rear wheel steering.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,934 Posts
Depends on the setup - my guess is its an electric steering pump but im not sure. I know full lock on hydraulic pumps are never good.
A bit off topic but...

No pump on the I-pace (and many other modern vehicles). It uses an electric motor to provide an axial force to the steering rack via a reduction gear. There's a control module and sensors involved, too.

Turning to the extreme ends of range will still put maximum flex on the outer CV boots on any vehicle, and this may cause them to wear quicker.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A bit off topic but...

No pump on the I-pace (and many other modern vehicles). It uses an electric motor to provide an axial force to the steering rack via a reduction gear. There's a control module and sensors involved, too.

Turning to the extreme ends of range will still put maximum flex on the outer CV boots on any vehicle, and this may cause them to wear quicker.
Correct - then yea, the Ipace uses an electric rack (forgive me, I've literally owned this car for maybe 6 days and I'm still figuring it out). I worked for Tesla from 2012-2015 during the model S launch. I know about those electric racks all too well :p

141 - 147 of 147 Posts