Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
141 - 155 of 155 Posts

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,273 Posts
Depends on the setup - my guess is its an electric steering pump but im not sure. I know full lock on hydraulic pumps are never good.
A bit off topic but...

No pump on the I-pace (and many other modern vehicles). It uses an electric motor to provide an axial force to the steering rack via a reduction gear. There's a control module and sensors involved, too.

Turning to the extreme ends of range will still put maximum flex on the outer CV boots on any vehicle, and this may cause them to wear quicker.

· Registered
15 Posts
A bit off topic but...

No pump on the I-pace (and many other modern vehicles). It uses an electric motor to provide an axial force to the steering rack via a reduction gear. There's a control module and sensors involved, too.

Turning to the extreme ends of range will still put maximum flex on the outer CV boots on any vehicle, and this may cause them to wear quicker.
Correct - then yea, the Ipace uses an electric rack (forgive me, I've literally owned this car for maybe 6 days and I'm still figuring it out). I worked for Tesla from 2012-2015 during the model S launch. I know about those electric racks all too well :p

· Registered
45 Posts
Alright, couple of news, everyone.
The car went into the shop some time ago (aux 12V issue), and I've switched back to standard links for that, just in case.
The links look like new after ~16K mi, and suspension is all good, except the ride in standard height is still noticeably worse.
Then replaced tires. The change was tremendous, as softer compound at higher pressure makes it butter-smooth, quiet ride with lot of grip and stability. In fact, at 38 psi now it feels softer on small bumps and more supportive in corners, than GY Eagles at 33 psi.
Then finally redid an alignment in lowered setup. Front toe was significantly outward at -0.75 deg total, but based on suspension design, it's not what lowering links can induce. So guess just a factory mishap. Predictably, camber is not adjustable, and ends up at ~2.4 deg on rear which is not that big of a deal, but during intense accelerations, the car is squatting a bit, which increases that angle under high traction load, thus resulting in accelerated inner thread wear (saw it on the old tires). But that's pretty obvious and expected I guess.
Which tire did you end up for a softer compound at 38psi?

EDIT: Nevermind. I read two more posts down and found my answer.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts