Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
'19 HSE 1st Edition
13 Posts
Just wanted to report back on this as I have just returned from an initial test-drive - with dcdrive's links installed. I am really happy! The agility of the vehicle is improved and I can feel a marked improvement in the body roll that was very present before. The installation was very easy and I cannot praise "DCDrive" aka Sergy enough - a brilliant simple mod that is fairly priced and straightforward to fit. He shipped the links straight out to me and was helpful in answering questions I had. - Tomorrow a 70 mile canyon run to really test the difference.

Thanks again to DCdrive! you are the MAN

·
Premium Member
'19 HSE 1st Edition
13 Posts
Jack - Yes. Jack stands- No.

I was able to get the front links off without removing the front wheels are just raising the air suspension.
The back is much trickier to access and hence the removal of the wheels makes it a lot easier.
For the record, I also found a long flathead screwdriver helpful in the process. DCdriver reminds us to start with the pin attached to the suspension first and then move to the sensor pin.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Are jack and jack stands required to swap out the links? Full wheel removal?
I would actually say - both. Jacks leak, snap (not often, but), so always assume that the car may drop down suddenly.
That said, removing front wheels and replacing links may be OK without extra support. For the rear ones though, when feeding the hand through suspension parts - I would suggest making sure there are no surprises. So support is rather mandatory.
BTW, with some extra efforts, front links may be replaced just by raising the suspension to the very top, and reaching over the wheel. Supporting will be essential here, as the car keeps articulating the suspension even in off state, so whenever you disconnect the link and move sensor arm, it may decide to adjust.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I can install the links in 16 minutes from start to finish including removing the real wheels. I never use jack stands as I can remove the rear links at a safe angle, but it is always prudent to use them if they are around.

121 - 129 of 129 Posts