Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
'19 HSE 1st Edition
16 Posts
Just wanted to report back on this as I have just returned from an initial test-drive - with dcdrive's links installed. I am really happy! The agility of the vehicle is improved and I can feel a marked improvement in the body roll that was very present before. The installation was very easy and I cannot praise "DCDrive" aka Sergy enough - a brilliant simple mod that is fairly priced and straightforward to fit. He shipped the links straight out to me and was helpful in answering questions I had. - Tomorrow a 70 mile canyon run to really test the difference.

Thanks again to DCdrive! you are the MAN

·
Premium Member
'19 HSE 1st Edition
16 Posts
Jack - Yes. Jack stands- No.

I was able to get the front links off without removing the front wheels are just raising the air suspension.
The back is much trickier to access and hence the removal of the wheels makes it a lot easier.
For the record, I also found a long flathead screwdriver helpful in the process. DCdriver reminds us to start with the pin attached to the suspension first and then move to the sensor pin.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Are jack and jack stands required to swap out the links? Full wheel removal?
I would actually say - both. Jacks leak, snap (not often, but), so always assume that the car may drop down suddenly.
That said, removing front wheels and replacing links may be OK without extra support. For the rear ones though, when feeding the hand through suspension parts - I would suggest making sure there are no surprises. So support is rather mandatory.
BTW, with some extra efforts, front links may be replaced just by raising the suspension to the very top, and reaching over the wheel. Supporting will be essential here, as the car keeps articulating the suspension even in off state, so whenever you disconnect the link and move sensor arm, it may decide to adjust.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I can install the links in 16 minutes from start to finish including removing the real wheels. I never use jack stands as I can remove the rear links at a safe angle, but it is always prudent to use them if they are around.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Wanted to post back have had them on my MY22 for a couple of months. Initially I would get an obstruction error and the car would take itself up. That ruined the lowered look and I actually think it raised up sometimes while driving. I didn’t notice that much improvement in handling to be honest.

then I removed the access height setting so the vehicles stopped trying to go low, read an obstruction, and then lift up.

Now I’m seeing improved handling. so had to remove access height on mine. I remember someone else eventually turned access height back on and didn’t have problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would actually say - both. Jacks leak, snap (not often, but), so always assume that the car may drop down suddenly.
That said, removing front wheels and replacing links may be OK without extra support. For the rear ones though, when feeding the hand through suspension parts - I would suggest making sure there are no surprises. So support is rather mandatory.
BTW, with some extra efforts, front links may be replaced just by raising the suspension to the very top, and reaching over the wheel. Supporting will be essential here, as the car keeps articulating the suspension even in off state, so whenever you disconnect the link and move sensor arm, it may decide to adjust.
DC - Just signed up on the forum and cant PM you - How can I buy a set of the links?

·
Registered
975 Posts
DC - Just signed up on the forum and cant PM you - How can I buy a set of the links?
Hi dcdrive, I have just joined to forum and cant PM you. I would like to buy a set of your lowering links, please can you let me know how? Thanks
I vote we make it a requirement that pics have to be posted to prove that you own one! Lol

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
I vote we make it a requirement that pics have to be posted to prove that you own one! Lol
Nah, that's OK - I'm fine shipping a set even if one uses them as a Christmas tree decoration 😁

Hi dcdrive, I have just joined to forum and cant PM you. I would like to buy a set of your lowering links, please can you let me know how? Thanks
PM sent

·
Registered
15 Posts
20 min is really quick ! Any tricks ?
Yea, its a pretty basic install (just like the Audi S7 link install I did, see below)

Fronts - Put the car in off-road mode: using a long flat head and supporting the sensor arm, slide the link off of the mount (start with the sensor side first). Then once that's off, simply pull off the other end from the metal mount. (applies to both sides).

Rears - Jack up the car just enough to get the rear wheel off. Then same process as the front: use a long (12"+) flat head to remove the link from the sensor arm (make sure to support the arm with your other hand so you dont bend or break it). Then simply remove the link from the control arm mount. Repeat on the other side.

Very easy job compared to other cars I've worked on.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
975 Posts
Thanks again for the quick turn around time.
Just received the links today and installed them in about 20 mins. Havent taken it for a drive but the look is much better.
Def need to get a stud kit and spacers.
Glad you like it!
I thought about spacers too. But I’m not happy with the turning radius is this thing and I decided spacers would only make that worse!

121 - 140 of 153 Posts