Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Tesla X since 2016. Feeling like I want something different but scared to do it. Lol. Has anyone personally owned the model x and now has the Ipace. If so, do you regret doing it
Thanks everyone. About to pull the trigger but still a little scared.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have both now. Just sold my Model 3 performance for the Jag. Was extremely nervous about it and almost backed out. Did regret it when my battery had issues day 1 with the Jag. Not a happy camper about that. They fixed it and just got it back after 2 weeks. Had the car for a month.

I pace is more comparable to a 3 in size and function

·
Registered
2 Posts
phone posted my reply before I was done. :) ipace is way better quality than any Tesla. I have had 5 over the years. Drives way better than any tesla I have driven and is way more comfortable. Tesla has the better tech, better support and better batteries but the quality of the Jag it can’t touch. Depends on your needs though, I drive 30-40 miles a day and don’t use the Jag to travel long distance so it’s perfect daily driver for me. It’s much smaller than the X but way more comfortable. It’s going to become our go to vehicle.....as long as it’s not In the shop again for any extended period of time.

·
Super Moderator
1,558 Posts
Well hello you guys. Welcome to the forum! I have not owned a Tesla but and I would have considered one if they actually had the form factor of the I-Pace. Until the MY Tesla has not had a crossover. That said, I just don't think any Tesla compares to the I-Pace in luxury or driver aspects.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Yeah I have four kids so the model x was a necessity for back row seats. Two of my kids are now driving and have their own cars. With that said , I’m comfortable going to a car with five seats. Took the test drive today and absolutely felt like inside of Jaguar hands down beats Tesla. Pacedout, hopefully you won’t have battery issue again. Funny that you say you almost backed out of ipace purchase. I literally keep going back and forth but tomorrow I think I’m going to do it. Lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,558 Posts
I can tell you that despite my battery woes of my first I-Pace which I will soon not own any more, I am now buying my second I-Pace and I am stoked. It's just a fantastic car. I will note that the problems with my current I-Pace have apparently mostly been fixed, so I don't even feel bad about someone else buying it used. They are getting a smoking deal for a great vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s awesome. That definitely says a lot about the ipace !!! I do see a lot of people are saying they have had numerous problems and others haven’t had any. I know back in 2016 when I got my Tesla and starting going on their forums ...it seemed to be the same. So many people were having problems and others were not. I had a few issues with my Tesla at the beginning but nothing too crazy. ;).

·
Registered
898 Posts
Tesla X is if you want a large car with great acceleration, so-so handling, flashy tech, and weird doors with issues. Also suspension issues. Jaguar is a luxury shark in the water of the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts