Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows a good summary thread (or website/video) about the H264 update, which I just did on my 2019. I know this is old news, but I can't seem to locate a good overview. Regen seems different to me, but might be in my head.
thanks.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
866 Posts
See the sticky thread "The Topix and Software Release Notes Sticky" at the top of the "Jaguar I-pace EV Issues and Problems" forum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See the sticky thread "The Topix and Software Release Notes Sticky" at the top of the "Jaguar I-pace EV Issues and Problems" forum.

Thanks Aye. I see excellent info there about the telematics update, and some details there from H264 service bulletin about dealer installation process and the green bar. I was looking for more of a summary of the 264 "range/battery" update; e.g., it does this, that and the other thing to the car. Unless i'm missing something in that post.
I've noticed
  • Range was 250 this morning, up from a norm of about 230. Very cool. Hopefully that sticks with more miles.
  • the eco mode seem much more eco! Which I think it a good thing. In my car, eco mode was still rocket ship fast. Now it is more sluggish off the line, and I have to presume, more real-life efficient.
  • regen seems stronger, although it defaulted to low regen, so I had to change that setting.

Here is an article, but I don't trust the press to get it right, and there isn't much detail. Mentions lessons learned from the eTrophy series, yada yada..

Anyway, I know this is old news for most people out there. Thanks though.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
502 Posts
Thanks Aye. I see excellent info there about the telematics update, and some details there from H264 service bulletin about dealer installation process and the green bar. I was looking for more of a summary of the 264 "range/battery" update; e.g., it does this, that and the other thing to the car. Unless i'm missing something in that post.
I've noticed
  • Range was 250 this morning, up from a norm of about 230. Very cool. Hopefully that sticks with more miles.
  • the eco mode seem much more eco! Which I think it a good thing. In my car, eco mode was still rocket ship fast. Now it is more sluggish off the line, and I have to presume, more real-life efficient.
  • regen seems stronger, although it defaulted to low regen, so I had to change that setting.
Here is an article, but I don't trust the press to get it right, and there isn't much detail. Mentions lessons learned from the eTrophy series, yada yada..

Anyway, I know this is old news for most people out there. Thanks though.
Not sure the details that you are looking for were ever published by JLR. There was discussion of the balance between torque distribution in the different drive modes - which is probably what you are feeling regarding the "feel" in ECO. But otherwise the "tweaks" were just that - a little like adjusting your driving style.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure the details that you are looking for were ever published by JLR. There was discussion of the balance between torque distribution in the different drive modes - which is probably what you are feeling regarding the "feel" in ECO. But otherwise the "tweaks" were just that - a little like adjusting your driving style.
Thanks Qt. I'm happy that nothing seems to have broke from the update. Had to overcome my "if it ain't broke don't fix it worries." I love my car!!!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
866 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
502 Posts
Thanks Qt. I'm happy that nothing seems to have broke from the update. Had to overcome my "if it ain't broke don't fix it worries." I love my car!!!
One of the advantages of this forum is that we all seem to experience updates or issues at different times, thereby allowing a little more confidence in the "improvements" and fixes as they come around. Not sure 10-20miles extra range is something to get real excited about, but I'm not going to turn it down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was the Jaguar official press release from which motor1 reprinted information:
Wow - Great stuff. Thank you Ayepace! I'd searched for a while and couldn't come up with this.....

For those that didn't click, here is the press release about the H264 Update. The meat of the release is in the 2nd and 3rd set of bullet points. Hey - it even talks about Eco Mode, plus changes to active radiator vanes, etc. Cool stuff:

FROM RACE TO ROAD: JAGUAR ENHANCES ITS AWARD-WINNING I-PACE WITH KNOWLEDGE GAINED FROM THE RACE TRACK

• Jaguar has taken technical knowledge gained from the I-PACE eTROPHY race series to develop a range-boosting software upgrade for I-PACE customers
  • Changes to the all-electric model will improve battery performance and deliver up to 20km of additional real-world range on a full charge
  • Race-derived enhancements are delivered through optimisation of battery management, thermal systems and all-wheel drive torque improvements
  • Jaguar is inviting customers to have the complimentary software update installed at retailers
  • The update will also add enhanced Software-Over-The-Air functionality
09 December 2019: Jaguar is giving I-PACE customers an early Christmas present in the form of a complimentary update for the award-winning all-electric model that will provide increased real-world range. Engineers have applied advanced technical insights from the Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY race series to optimise the management of battery, thermal and AWD systems to enhance the efficiency of the all-electric powertrain.

Jaguar made history in 2018 with the creation of the I-PACE eTROPHY series – the world’s first all-electric production based international race series – reinforcing its commitment to electric racing whilst leveraging technical expertise to develop future electric road cars as part of its ‘Race to Innovate’ mission. The series puts the all-electric SUV through extreme use conditions and the first competitive season yielded critical learnings for the durability and thermal control of the battery and torque management systems.

In a continual quest to enhance customer experience, Jaguar engineers have also analysed data from more than 80 million kilometres (50 million miles) of real-world journeys from all corners of the world. Every element of the vehicle’s performance is scrutinised to leverage the optimum performance of the systems and maximise efficiency.

Stephen Boulter, I-PACE Vehicle Engineering Manager, said: “The Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY has generated a huge amount of data for us to analyse and those marginalgains, derived from competition on the track, are now being applied to customers’ cars to further enhance their driving experience. The new software updates optimise the powertrain control systems to improve efficiency and allow I-PACE drivers to travel even further on a single charge without any hardware changes – it really is a case of the vehicle getting better with age.”

The all-wheel drive I-PACE is Jaguar’s first full battery-electric vehicle and has a range of up to 470km (292 miles) from a single charge of its 90kWh Lithium-ion battery (WLTP cycle). While the new software upgrade doesn’t change the official certified range figure, the marginal gains developed from eTROPHY analysis will give customers access to an improvement of up to eight per cent dependent on usage – equating to a potential extra 20km (12 miles) of real-world range.

The changes derived from the eTROPHY race series include:
  • All-Wheel Drive: Changes to the torque distribution between the front and rear motors will deliver greater efficiency when driving in ECO mode – the system still delivers permanent AWD traction
  • Temperature control: Refinements to thermal management control will make greater use of the active radiator vane system, closing the vanes more frequently to enhance aerodynamic performance more of the time
  • Battery Capacity: Updates allow the battery to run to a lower state of charge than previously without affecting driveability, durability or performance
Additional changes derived from real-world data analysis include:
  • Regenerative Braking: The vehicle’s brakes will harvest energy more efficiently when the battery is in a high state of charge and the amount of energy recovery has been increased at lower driving speeds to maximise efficiency and range
  • Range calculation: Changes to the predictive range calculation algorithm will deliver a more accurate and consistent estimate of vehicle range, while being more reflective of an individual’s driving style
Customers are being invited to take vehicles to their Jaguar Retailer to receive the complimentary update. The wide-ranging changes will also enable enhanced Software-Over-The-Air (SOTA) functionality. After receiving the latest software, more electronic modules will be able to receive remote updates, providing ongoing enhancements to the customer experience.

The I-PACE’s state-of-the-art 90kWh Lithium-ion battery offers sports car performance of 0-100km/h in 4.8 seconds (0-60mph in 4.5 seconds) alongside the practicality of a maximum 470km (292 mile) range (WLTP cycle) and 0-80 per cent charging time of 40 minutes (100kW DC). Home charging with an AC wall box (7kW) will achieve the same state of charge in just over 10 hours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One of the advantages of this forum is that we all seem to experience updates or issues at different times, thereby allowing a little more confidence in the "improvements" and fixes as they come around. Not sure 10-20miles extra range is something to get real excited about, but I'm not going to turn it down.
I seem to have several 100 mile-ish destinations from LA, so it's a nice added buffer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts