Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to be clear, my point about Tesla doesn't indicate that I appreciate their response to crashes. I don't like the fact that they absolve themselves of responsibility for a feature they market as making the driving experience safer, nor that we don't have access to the logs.

Even if Tesla isn't transparent about logging, they're at least collecting something. Willful ignorance is just as bad as a lack of transparency. If Jag isn't collecting logs, then it's reasonable to suggest they pretty much don't care what happens to their cars after they sell. Fortunately my service experience with my F-Pace indicates differently.

It looks like some of the users claiming unintended acceleration have made reports to the NHTSA:

As far as whether the user wasted our time, I don't think any of us were forced to read what they posted. Thus any time wasted was likely our choice and responsibility ;). Let's not flip the rules of free will to make a pointless point.

Lack of responsiveness isn't an indication of mal-intent. With rabid dogpiling being a thing on the internet, I don't blame any user for not obsessively responding to everything. The fact that this person didn't come back likely means other things happened in their life that took priority over this forum, or they were overwhelmed by the response and felt no responsibility to respond to others lack of helpfulness. If people were accusing me of being dumb, I think it would be reasonable for me to not respond and go seek help elsewhere. Responding would just waste more of my time.

I've seen the behavior a first-time posters in other forums. This is where corroboration is helpful, like going to the NHTSA site to see if it's been reported. Google is a wonderful thing and it takes moments to corroborate claims.

I haven't seen one user who considered the possibility of a floor mat or a dumb user consider the possibility that this was reported. They spent more of their time typing a lot of other BS rather than typing a simple search into Google to aid in their own and others understanding. I think it's time to suggest we redirect finger pointing away from the OP.

The evidence should inform your facts/knowledge, your facts/knowledge should not inform your evidence.

Again we're spending more time discussing possibilities than evidence. It's not really helpful.

·
Registered
497 Posts
We shall agree to disagree on a number of points. Unintended acceleration is an extremely common complaint with so many cars today. It's surely not unusual. In the I-Pace's case maybe it's real and maybe it's not. Both you and I have no idea.

As for JLR's 'lack of transparency', how do you know that? You certainly seem to be implying that. Care to furnish some proof of that, it might enlighten us all. Your phrasing is a clear case of 'heads I win, tales you lose'. If Jag is collecting the data, then they're not transparent. If they're not, then they clearly don't care. Interesting.

As for the OP not being 'obligated' to enlighten us as to his outcome, of course. But common decency would have suggested that as the polite thing to do. Posters took their time to read and respond, it would have been nice if he had done the same. I can see you and I are very different thinkers and that's fine.

You seem to be pretty down on the I-Pace right from the get go and I'm surprised you even ventured into these waters with such a degree of cynicism.

Frankly I'm not sure how 'helpful' your posts have been thus far. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
And now we have reached the hallmark of a discussion over the internet: you didn't read what I wrote, you made up your own narrative.

Re-read my posts. I never said JLR lacked transparency. I said that about Tesla.

I also complimented JLR on my service experience with my F-Pace and said at the beginning of my first post that I am excited about having an I-Pace. I said this because I knew someone like you wouldn't respond with an open mind to a valid concern and a healthy consideration of all the evidence- the same treatment as the OP got.

What's most interesting is that you didn't acknowledge the fact that nobody but me corroborated with the NHTSA. You were so busy corroborating whether this was a new user and the frequency of their posts, you ignored the claim. This is fundamentally an ad hominem argument. You and a number of others seem seem intent on attacking a person's credibility rather than expanding your knowledge about what might really be going on.

But of course this is likely wasted conversation, as you decided to understand what you want rather than what I wrote. Don't be surprised if I stop responding after this post as it has become a waste of my time.

And just in case you want to pretend I'm not actually an I-Pace owner:

·
Registered
497 Posts
You actually ignored virtually everything I wrote. I hardly 'make up my own narrative'.

Might I be so bold as to say you are perhaps the rudest new poster I've ever encountered on any forum. Your first post was nothing but a diatribe doing little more than criticizing a number of long term members. Certainly not the way to endear yourself to the community, but I suspect that was never your intent. ;)

This has been such an amazingly friendly & helpful community, it's really sad to see this kind of attitude now compromising that spirit. There are many ways to get your point of view across, but attacking people on your very first post is certainly not the way I'd choose to do it.

Finally, good grief, I never 'pretended' you weren't an actual I-Pace owner. Wow!

To minimize the damage, I will cease & desist from responding to your posts and leave that to others with more patience. Have a nice day.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
279 Posts
You actually ignored virtually everything I wrote. I hardly 'make up my own narrative'.

Might I be so bold as to say you are perhaps the rudest new poster I've ever encountered on any forum. Your first post was nothing but a diatribe doing little more than criticizing a number of long term members. Certainly not the way to endear yourself to the community, but I suspect that was never your intent. ;)

This has been such an amazingly friendly & helpful community, it's really sad to see this kind of attitude now compromising that spirit. There are many ways to get your point of view across, but attacking people on your very first post is certainly not the way I'd choose to do it.

Finally, good grief, I never 'pretended' you weren't an actual I-Pace owner. Wow!

To minimize the damage, I will cease & desist from responding to your posts and leave that to others with more patience. Have a nice day.
Without getting in the middle of a great internet quarrel 🙂, I do feel that the world is deficient in social skills these days. None of us would walk into a bar and immediately join a conversation in a critical negative sense for fear of getting into a brawl. Internet forums should be no different.
Anyone's option is wecome, but introduce yourself, say hello, and join a conversation.

Regarding the op on this thread, a conversation is an exchange of ideas and details/facts. Not a soapbox to state a "fact". Please let us know further details, follow ups, JLR's response etc. This forum represents a community where we can function as a source of advice and information to an outsider, but we are eager to learn of new details and ideas from you - the outsiders - as well.

Personally, I have found none of these posts regarding sudden acceleration compelling enough to alter my already diligent approach to driving.

BTW while wearing hiking boots yesterday, my foot contacted the gas peddle of my wife's BMW while pushing on the brake pedal. Sudden accelaration was observed until I pushed more firmly on the brake and adjusted my foot postion.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sorry guys but I am no longer tracking that we are discussing. Going back to the original poster(s) no matter whether its search, user error, etc, if I am an owner with an anomaly and I post on a forum I don’t post vague comment, no follow up, and I don’t sound very calm and cryptic if my car did something very unusual. That’s the main point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The OP did follow up with more details and a question. No one really answered his question, and the number of people proceeded to dogpile the same response of "user error."

I seem to be one of the few that actually read what he asked, and corroborated his claim outside of my own bias rather than responding with anecdotes.

Please read the following from the NHTSA- a complaint made December 26th 2019 appears to be from the OP; there are other similar complaints:

A number of people in this thread were interested in tearing him down and discrediting him rather than taking him seriously. I don't blame him for not coming back and answering questions he already answered.

·
Super Moderator
1,952 Posts
Hi Rogue, welcome to the forum. Your first post berated a bunch of forum contributors, so perhaps it's not surprising that you got a chilly reception especially considering the controversial nature of this issue. I invite you to become a member of the community and share your experiences and thoughts respectfully. 🍺

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Rogue, welcome to the forum. Your first post berated a bunch of forum contributors, so perhaps it's not surprising that you got a chilly reception especially considering the controversial nature of this issue. I invite you to become a member of the community and share your experiences and thoughts respectfully. 🍺

When I read this thread, I noted a number of passive-aggressive slights against the OP. Even one of your responses critiqued the way the reports were delivered (i.e. should be written in clear English). Just because you're passive about how you offer your criticism doesn't mean it isn't insulting. None of the OPs sentences were incomplete or unclear. They definitely were in English.

I may have been more direct about my feedback, but I don't think it was inaccurate to say that a number of people presented anecdotal evidence as if it explained the OPs issue.

One person who claims to have experienced the same issue took the conversation with the OP offline, very likely because that person didn't want to deal with everyone else's chilly response.

The stage was set before my response, but let's focus on me because I defended the OP.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.