Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 2019 I-Pace HSE for about 18 months now (5,600 miles due to not driving too much during Covid), and while driving home today on a side street going about 20 MPH, the car suddenly slowed to almost a halt even though the accelerator was depressed. I then pressed down on the accelerator harder and the car would only go about 2-3 MPH in speed. I was able to pull over to the side, place the car in park, turn off the car completely, and restarted the car. Once restarted, I was able to put it back in "D" and everything was back to normal. I then drove it around a bit to see if the problem came back, but I could not reproduce the error. There were no warning lights, turtle sign, or error messages during the entire ordeal. I'm due for a 6-month service now, so I'm going to bring this up to the dealer and see if they can check everything out. I'm just glad that this happened while I was in my neighborhood moving at a slow speed rather than on the highway or trying to turn onto traffic. I'll update if the service department finds any issues related to this.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oof. Sorry to hear. No sounds either I assume, like a warning bell?
No sounds or warning whatsoever. The car just started losing speed slowly and would only go like 2-3 MPH until I restarted it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
No sounds or warning whatsoever. The car just started losing speed slowly and would only go like 2-3 MPH until I restarted it.
Perhaps the neutral button was accidentally touched.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is the "six-month service?" My schedule says first service is two years.
My Jaguar dealer schedules me for a complimentary check-up every 6 months, so I just go with it. Typically, they're just topping up fluids and checking to see if any software updates are needed (which there were several when I went in Jan of 2021). Plus, I get a free car wash.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My Jaguar dealer schedules me for a complimentary check-up every 6 months, so I just go with it. Typically, they're just topping up fluids and checking to see if any software updates are needed (which there were several when I went in Jan of 2021). Plus, I get a free car wash.
Sounds good. Better than my dealer treats me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had this happen one evening while getting ready to back into my driveway. I turned my lights off while the car was still moving forward and the car gave me all kinds of alarms. I discovered the car would not backup. I tried forward and with the pedal to the floor was going about 4 mph. I went around the block and came back to my driveway pulling in forward. I shut the car down. Waited a minute, then stared the car back up. Every thing worked like normal. I blamed my event on driving down a dark road with no lights. It has never done it again. ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had my 2019 I-Pace HSE for about 18 months now (5,600 miles due to not driving too much during Covid), and while driving home today on a side street going about 20 MPH, the car suddenly slowed to almost a halt even though the accelerator was depressed. I then pressed down on the accelerator harder and the car would only go about 2-3 MPH in speed. I was able to pull over to the side, place the car in park, turn off the car completely, and restarted the car. Once restarted, I was able to put it back in "D" and everything was back to normal. I then drove it around a bit to see if the problem came back, but I could not reproduce the error. There were no warning lights, turtle sign, or error messages during the entire ordeal. I'm due for a 6-month service now, so I'm going to bring this up to the dealer and see if they can check everything out. I'm just glad that this happened while I was in my neighborhood moving at a slow speed rather than on the highway or trying to turn onto traffic. I'll update if the service department finds any issues related to this.
I've had my I-Pace two months and I have a very similar problem which is not yet fixed. I drove normally to about 0.5km (I'm in Australia) from home when the car started losing power. A derate marker appeared on the power gauge at the 3 o'clock position which then retracted further to around the 1 o'clock position and thus, no power. No other indications or warnings of any type whatsoever. The car wouldn't accelerate and stopped altogether when I got to a hill. Rebooting the car resulted in a normal start once again followed immediately by the same derate line and symptoms. I had to get a tow truck to the dealer where my car still resides surrounded by head scratchers. there's no solution after a couple of days. Will it get fixed soon? Who knows :mad:......to be continued.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts