Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unable to remove charger while stuck in “Initializing” mode ( I Pace error message)
Seems to happen with EA stations motimes

this seems to occur when I issue the stop command using the EA app

has taken me up to 20 minutes to finally remove the charger

Jaguar service centers are of no help

appreciate any insights

·
Registered
268 Posts
Two presses of the unlock on the remote should release the locking pin.
Is this not happening? Has this ever happened with home or level 2 charging?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two presses of the unlock on the remote should release the locking pin.
Is this not happening? Has this ever happened with home or level 2 charging?
In reference to the “ two presses on the unlock remote” is this function on the Jaguar remote app?
I do not recall seeing an option to unlock of the app? Is this function available to access on the info. Dash?
No issues with home charger though
I simply lock and/unlock the car to release the charger

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
51 Posts
You have to hit the unlock button on your keyfob twice. The fast charging cable will release after a second or two.

No one told me this when I first purchased my I-Pace and I almost had a panic attack when the cable got stuck at an Electrify America station.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have to hit the unlock button on your keyfob twice. The fast charging cable will release after a second or two.

No one told me this when I first purchased my I-Pace and I almost had a panic attack when the cable got stuck at an Electrify America station.
wow - that easy?
Would of thought the Jag service knew this

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
51 Posts
It's buried in the user's manual. You may have to hit unlock 3 times if you have 2-stage unlocking. The "unlock twice/thrice" protocol is specific to DC charging and I'd guess that most technicians and sales reps have never connected an I-Pace to a DC charging station.

I don't know the rationale for having different protocols for AC and DC charging. I think MY2021 added an unlock button to the charging port which should make it less confusing.

======================================
UNLOCKING THE CHARGING PORT
To unlock the charging port when the vehicle is locked:
  1. When DC charging, press the unlock button on the smart key twice. If 2-stage unlocking is active, press the unlock button 3 times to unlock the charging port. See 2-STAGE UNLOCKING .
    NOTES
    When AC charging, unlock the vehicle as normal, either using the smart key or keyless entry. See UNLOCKING THE VEHICLE and KEYLESS ENTRY.
  2. Wait 6 seconds for the charging port lock to release.
  3. Remove the charging cable within 60 seconds.
    NOTES
    If the cable is not released within 60 seconds, the charging port relocks.
    NOTES
    If the smart key's unlock button is pressed once during DC charging, the vehicle unlocks without disrupting the charging process or unlocking the charging port.
Refer to the charging cable's emergency release procedure if the charging port does not release. See CHARGING CABLE EMERGENCY RELEASE.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,245 Posts
EA chargers gave me a lot of problems on the last long distance trip that required charging at them. It seems to have started when they updated to support automatically identifying the vehicle and start the charging. That process may be causing the issue with the I-PACE which does not support it (as of this typing).

I waited for the timeout, or pressed the unlock on the fob, to release the cable. Sometimes the charging would start and then immediately stop. It took several attempts to get the charging to start and keep charging. That wasn't a sure thing either. Sometimes it failed after doing a partial charge (e.g. 20% up to 60%) and then suddenly give a fault on the charger.

I just had to be persistent and retry given no other fast charger within many miles. Waiting a minute before trying again at the same charge seemed to help rather than an immediate retry.

Yes, locking and unlocking the car via the button on the handle is an alternative. Pressing the fob button usually required just 1 press with or without the car locked.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EA chargers gave me a lot of problems on the last long distance trip that required charging at them. It seems to have started when they updated to support automatically identifying the vehicle and start the charging. That process may be causing the issue with the I-PACE which does not support it (as of this typing).

I waited for the timeout, or pressed the unlock on the fob, to release the cable. Sometimes the charging would start and then immediately stop. It took several attempts to get the charging to start and keep charging. That wasn't a sure thing either. Sometimes it failed after doing a partial charge (e.g. 20% up to 60%) and then suddenly give a fault on the charger.

I just had to be persistent and retry given no other fast charger within many miles. Waiting a minute before trying again at the same charge seemed to help rather than an immediate retry.

Yes, locking and unlocking the car via the button on the handle is an alternative. Pressing the fob button usually required just 1 press with or without the car locked.

I had similar issues with EA driving from No. Ca to So. Ca
In fact, my trip took an extra 5 hours including using Charge Point in lieu of EA
Everything from the EA station not recognizing the car & vie versa
But I think as you seem to indicate, the payment method is the culprit here
After much experimenting since my trip with EA, I have found that the swipe payment method seems to work best.
Going to drive to So Ca next week and hoping for a quick arrival

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,245 Posts
I use the app to start the process most of the time. It seems to be more reliable than phone RFID. The issues appeared to be charger-car communications.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
51 Posts
I also use the app when charging with EA. I've never used the RFID or inserted my credit card. My success rate is still only about 75% with the app :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts