Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I sure can appreciate your frustration. We were told today that they will have the BCCM tomorrow. It requires a "level 1" tech to install the part. The level 1 tech won't be available till Monday. The repair will take 2 days.... so, we are to expect the car back in the later half of next week. As for "can I say Tesla"? Tesla has had their fair share of quality issues and the nearest repair facility is 80 miles away. Also, their customer service has been widely reported as not too darn good. Having said that, in spite of the issues we've had with our i-Pace, the Colorado Springs JLR dealer service department has done what they can. After this repair, if the problem is not resolved, we find ourselves firmly in lemon law territory according to Colorado and Federal law. We truly do like the car, charge issue not withstanding. Let's hope the problem is resolved with the replacement of the BCCM.
I sure can appreciate your frustration. We were told today that they will have the BCCM tomorrow. It requires a "level 1" tech to install the part. The level 1 tech won't be available till Monday. The repair will take 2 days.... so, we are to expect the car back in the later half of next week. As for "can I say Tesla"? Tesla has had their fair share of quality issues and the nearest repair facility is 80 miles away. Also, their customer service has been widely reported as not too darn good. Having said that, in spite of the issues we've had with our i-Pace, the Colorado Springs JLR dealer service department has done what they can. After this repair, if the problem is not resolved, we find ourselves firmly in lemon law territory according to Colorado and Federal law. We truly do like the car, charge issue not withstanding. Let's hope the problem is resolved with the replacement of the BCCM.
picked up my Ipace this afternoon. Have to say that I do really enjoy driving it! Hope the fix works for long term this time. Apparently replaced BCCM. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
picked up my Ipace this afternoon. Have to say that I do really enjoy driving it! Hope the fix works for long term this time. Apparently replaced BCCM. Good luck with yours!
I sure hope that is the fix! Keep me posted, ok?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
My wife just picked up the i-Pace from JLR. It has a new BCCM. They have tested it on several different chargers (don't know what "several" means at this point). It appears to be charging as it should. We'll put it on the ChargePoint when she gets home this evening and then again in a few days. I sure hope this is the end of this saga.... I'll post more as we know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Update: I talked with the service writer, he said for the final test after installation of the new BCCM they overnight charged on a ChargePoint level 2 charger, then drove some charge off this morning and topped it off with a level 3 charger just before my wife picked it up. Obviously it is charging as it should at this point. I want to add again that, my Colorado Springs Red Noland JLR dealer is doing everything they can in a professional manner. I've got no complaints. I believe this charge issue with our i-Pace has been as frustrating for them as for us. They are confident that the charge issue is a thing of the past now... We sure hope so.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
My wife drove the i-Pace for 4 days after the BCCM replacement, so we put it on the charger last evening and because this is where in the sequence of events the charge would fail we held our breath.... (drum roll please) It charged to 100% or 243 miles without so much as a hiccup. If this continues, this will be my last post on this subject for a while. Thanks to the guys at Red Noland JLR for all their hard work.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Red Noland has a great service department. Over my first 4 months of ownership they saw a lot of my car and fixed everything. My car is near perfect now and I'm grateful to them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Well... it's been a month now and the car has been charged at least once a week, sometimes twice or three times. All charges have been on our home level 2 Chargepoint. The car is charging perfectly... everytime. So I believe the new BCCM did the trick. YAY!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts