Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's chatter on the UK forum regarding steering assist and possibly park assist not being available with Pivi Pro on the MY2021 vehicles. Anyone here seen/driven/bought a MY2021?
Seems the wrong direction to go for JLR.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
154 Posts
The 2021's have not arrived in the US yet according to Jaguar's inventory search tool.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Has anyone used park assist on their I-Pace? I have turned on the "looking for parking spots" feature a few times and got frustrated with how slowly it wanted me to drive. That's fine in a parking lot, but on a street where you may have to drive a half mile or so to find an open parallel parking spot (with traffic behind you) it's pretty frustrating.

·
Registered
682 Posts
There's chatter on the UK forum regarding steering assist and possibly park assist not being available with Pivi Pro on the MY2021 vehicles. Anyone here seen/driven/bought a MY2021?
Seems the wrong direction to go for JLR.
I think you may be right. No where is Steering Assist mentioned in the Driver Assist Package anymore. I built a UK I-PACE and it's no where to be found. They aslo got rid of the shiny chrome trim package option.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I picked-up a 2020 Defender two weeks ago, which does have lane departure/steering assist with the Pivi Pro but it’s not nearly as hands-free as the I Pace. Haven’t noticed park assist.

But other than the UI, I’m not sure what effect the infotainment system version has on features like these.

·
Super Moderator
2,476 Posts
There is no steer assist or park assist on UK 21 models
That's a pity. For those of us who know how to use it well it's an absolutely fantastic feature. Goes to show that they don't have the software development to do this well enough for the average driver.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's a pity. For those of us who know how to use it well it's an absolutely fantastic feature. Goes to show that they don't have the software development to do this well enough for the average driver.
I agree. Since the I Pace is not our road trip car, I rarely use steering asset on the kitty. But we have essentially the same system on the Velar and works "well enough" as long as you don't pretend it is an autopilot.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think it might be more local restrictions than anything am looking for a new car for the Mrs and quite a few models no longer offer steering assist. I agree though I love it especially for motorway driving and it was a shock to find it wasn't there when I got my iPace delivered.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,055 Posts
The US/Canada iGuide for 2021MY gives information for LKA (lane keep assist) and the park assist feature. If this guide is accurate, these features will remain available for US/Canada.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
For the US/Canada market, LKA is synonymous with steering assist.
Pre-2021, iGuide notes the ability to have steering assist or steering wheel vibrate modes.
2021 iGuide only notes the steering assist mode with no mention of steering wheel vibrate.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Steering assist LKA and ELKA are separate functions. You may be right that for the North American market steering assist stays but I have a MY 21 which has LKA, ELKA but no steering assist and was compensated by JLR because the misleading presale info led me to believe that my HSE with almost all extras would have steering assist.

Not a single EU spec MY21 car appears to have been delivered with steering assist so I would be sceptical thus feature has been kept for the US market until someone shows me they have one and it has this functionality.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What is the difference between Lane Keeping Assist and Steering Assist?
LKA is like a drunk driver that weaves back and forth and will eventually cross into an adjacent lane. Steering assist is like a sober driver that stays in the middle of the lane from what I have read on this forum. I have the drive pack on my 2019 so I have LKA. The ‘19 and ‘20 are available with:

ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL WITH STEERING ASSIST

Is designed to track vehicles and lanes ahead using a camera and radar to maintain a central position for your vehicle, and to moderate the speed of the I‑PACE according to the behavior of the traffic ahead of you. This feature slows your vehicle to maintain a relaxed and composed drive in busy traffic situations.4

·
Registered
682 Posts
For the US/Canada market, LKA is synonymous with steering assist.
Pre-2021, iGuide notes the ability to have steering assist or steering wheel vibrate modes.
2021 iGuide only notes the steering assist mode with no mention of steering wheel vibrate.
Nope. Lane Keep Assist ping-pongs your car between lane markers. Steering assist centers you on a lane and only works in cruise control.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
2019-20

The steering assist w/o CC engaged does the same thing as steering assist with CC engaged.
I have found the difference is whether CC or foot is controlling speed, and the aggressiveness of centering the car.
Given the ability of driver and/or vehicle finding the lane edges around here, one does not take their hands off the wheel because the car can lose steering assist capability at any moment.

·
Registered
682 Posts
2019-20
View attachment 5105
The steering assist w/o CC engaged does the same thing as steering assist with CC engaged.
I have found the difference is whether CC or foot is controlling speed, and the aggressiveness of centering the car.
Given the ability of driver and/or vehicle finding the lane edges around here, one does not take their hands off the wheel because the car can lose steering assist capability at any moment.
You're confusing the actions LKA will take when it is activated. You can either choose vibrate or have the car steer for you. IT IS NOT THE SAME AS CRUISE CONTROL WITH STEERING ASSIST. My S does not have the DRIVE ASSIST PACK so I don't have STEERING ASSIST with adaptive cruise control. It ping pongs my car between the lane markers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can see the confusion. Under LKA in the iGUIDE it refers to steering assist as an option for LKA. Plus they are both activated and deactivated with the same “button.” However, STEERING ASSIST is an additional option with an additional “pack.” They really should have given the two opinions of steering vibrate or corrective steering to avoid using the exact same words to describe different functions. Try looking up steering assist in the iGUIDE.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts