Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I do think in my case, and apparently sciencegeek's case too, occasionally the brake pedal is so firm you just won't get a start on the first press. When the brake is that hard to press, you certainly don't want to stand on it or force it beyond what seems reasonable. In those rare cases, I'll just wait for that second press when the brake becomes manageable enough for a true press.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I do think in my case, and apparently sciencegeek's case too, occasionally the brake pedal is so firm you just won't get a start on the first press. When the brake is that hard to press, you certainly don't want to stand on it or force it beyond what seems reasonable. In those rare cases, I'll just wait for that second press when the brake becomes manageable enough for a true press.
In my case, I used to get the hard pedal all the time but I never needed a second push to start the car. I guess I must used to press the pedal hard enough. In any case, one push or two pushes, it should not be a big issue either way.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
In my case, I used to get the hard pedal all the time but I never needed a second push to start the car. I guess I must used to press the pedal hard enough. In any case, one push or two pushes, it should not be a big issue either way.
My thoughts exactly. No big deal.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I took a video of the gong sounds it makes when its in Ready Mode to drive. The 5 gongs it makes is in accessory mode, The next tone it makes is when its a Ready to drive mode. When you turn it off from Ready mode it makes another tone

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have noticed that on my I Pace also. What I found is that if you don’t press the break firm enough,the car does not start on a ready setting. It is just on, not ready to drive.Most of the time it does that when I am in a rush. So make sure to be firm in the brake and it should be fine. At least for me.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Here's another variation.

I pressed the start button. While still pressing the button, I put foot on brake pedal and pushed it down (it was not the "hard pedal" feeling). While foot is still on brake, I stopped pushing the start button and pushed the R. It went into reverse mode.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have never had a problem with starting on the first push of the start with foot on brake, but after reading this thread I will probably screw it up! LOL

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
It's almost hysterical how many variants of starting this car we have...and stopping. ;)

41 - 48 of 48 Posts