Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Press the break and firmly press the start button, you will hear a different chime .
Its best for the infotainment to fully boot before moving, especially reversing.
A way to help it boot faster is to unlock with the key instead of pressing the button on the handle. It is also said that opening the passenger door first will help the boot time.

You have the 360 camera option so booting fully is essential.
If you turn on the car and just reverse, you wont get the full 360 camera function.

This is reverse without proper boot up View attachment 3823

This is reverse with proper boot up
View attachment 3824

PS If you notice the Start button is pulsing like a heart beat before you turn on the car
So I am stumped! I have 360 Cameras, and I can activate it when parked or when stopped, but when I put my I-Pace in Reverse, I have no 360 view and the option to activate it is not available. When I take my car out of R, the option to activate and view 360 is there.

Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
665 Posts
So I am stumped! I have 360 Cameras, and I can activate it when parked or when stopped, but when I put my I-Pace in Reverse, I have no 360 view and the option to activate it is not available. When I take my car out of R, the option to activate and view 360 is there.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Click on the camera icon on the screen, then click on the settings button

Click on camera settings

Click on list

You will see the 360 option here as well as the landscape or portrait mode.
I use landscape to maximize the screen

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I still am encountering instances where 2 presses of the start are necessary to get into a drive mode. It seems to occur when it's really hard to initially press the brake pedal very far. Not a biggie and I certainly wouldn't take it in for that, but there does seem to be a correlation between how hard it is to press the brake when you're first starting and whether you need to hit the start a second time.

·
Registered
665 Posts
PS702....THANK YOU. I keep saying this over and over again! This Forum (and you) ROCK!!!!!!!! :D
You're welcome. The menu system is not intuitive at all.
You have to click on category, then click on that menu.
You can't find everyein the general or main menus.
It's really silly

·
Registered
448 Posts
I still am encountering instances where 2 presses of the start are necessary to get into a drive mode. It seems to occur when it's really hard to initially press the brake pedal very far. Not a biggie and I certainly wouldn't take it in for that, but there does seem to be a correlation between how hard it is to press the brake when you're first starting and whether you need to hit the start a second time.
You shouldn't have to press hard on the brake. Just press on it normally. Keep foot on brake and press the start button and then the gear selection and then take foot off brake and go (safely).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You shouldn't have to press hard on the brake. Just press on it normally. Keep foot on brake and press the start button and then the gear selection and then take foot off brake and go (safely).
That's exactly what I do as with all cars I've owned. However if the brake is very firm on the first try (as another owner had mentioned) it will go into accessory mode rather than 'ready' mode. Once in accessory mode, the 2nd press will then allow the brake travel to go further and a normal start will occur upon the 2nd press of the start button. Obviously if the brake travel is further on the first try, then the car will be in ready mode on the 1st try.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ken,

Is the hard brake pedal preventing the brake pedal switch operating?

Is your car parked in a position so that you can see a reflection of your brake lights activating as you press the Start button?

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Steve, that's a great point! The next time I get that firm brake pedal, I'll look at my garage door to see if there's a reflection. I should have thought of that. ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Espirali, I don't think it's that. It feels perfectly normal and always responds to a press with either the accessory or start mode. The one consistency is the brake pedal and if it depresses firmly or not. A brake that's very hard to press when I first get in and press the start button will always result in the accessory mode. A press of the brake that feels more normal will always result in a normal start.

·
Super Moderator
1,714 Posts
I get the 'hard pedal' every so often, and I've definitely had to second-press sometimes. Next time I will pay attention as to whether the hard pedal press goes into accessory mode and requires a second press.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The stiff vs. soft brake pedal is likely due to the way the brake booster works. In the i-pace it's an electronic servo as opposed to the vacuum system on a typical ICE. I would guess that as with everything else in this car it needs to be initialized and "boot up" when the car is started. If I had to guess I would say it's probably set to come online when the door is opened, like the instrument panel screens. Depending on how "asleep" the car is, etc. it may take longer for the servo to wake up some days vs. others, so you get a hard pedal if you press the brake before the servo is fully online.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I paid attention and tried this. Put foot on brake pedal and it was "hard". Pressed start button fully, not just a light touch. Brake pedal went "soft" and sunk towards the floor. Keeping foot on the pedal, I pressed a gear selection and the car went into gear, the instrument panel went to full display mode, took foot off the brake pedal and away I drove.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Typically, Tesla aside, any car I've owned you get in, put your foot on the break, and press 'start' to start the car and then drive away. It seems on the I-Pace the first push of the start button only brings up a screen of the vehicle in the IC with the drive system not yet active. The second push of the start button with your foot on the brake does start the car.

So is the correct, or did I fail the 'I-Pace 101' course and am doing something really dumb? ;)
Sadly, I think the latter case is true. If you just put your for on the brake when you push start, you are good to go. You only have to push the button twice if you either didn't push the brake in the first place or didn't push it hard enough (I have noticed it does require enough pressure to hold the car in place, a light tap isn't enough).

21 - 40 of 48 Posts