Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I start the car with the garage door closed? I'm worried about all the electrons bouncing off the walls. Should I wear an aluminum foil hat? Should I install a lead shield or krypotnite in the seat? Should I steal a lead smock from the local x-ray office? I am sooo confused.... :confused: :wink2:

·
Registered
126 Posts
There's no emissions to worry about so yeah, that's good. The air in the garage may get a few degrees warmer due to heat coming out of the AC's heat pump and just general electrical load, but that isn't significant.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no emissions to worry about so yeah, that's good. The air in the garage may get a few degrees warmer due to heat coming out of the AC's heat pump and just general electrical load, but that isn't significant.
Sorry, StormRune. I was trying to lighten the mood with a not so funny post. Things get a little heated in the Tesla thread at times. Perhaps the joke fell apart when I misspelled kryptonite.......

·
Registered
980 Posts
Actually there is a little know effect of turning on an EV, it is called the mood stabilization effect. As lithium ions “wake up” in the battery they start seeping into your blood stream, and act as a mood balancer. That is why I am so much calmer and nicer to be around when I am sitting in the Jag...

·
Super Moderator
1,578 Posts
Can I start the car with the garage door closed? I'm worried about all the electrons bouncing off the walls. Should I wear an aluminum foil hat? Should I install a lead shield or krypotnite in the seat? Should I steal a lead smock from the local x-ray office? I am sooo confused.... :confused: :wink2:
It's a really dangerous thing to do. And when your cell phone is in the car with you, the danger potentiates. Instant death!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually there is a little know effect of turning on an EV, it is called the mood stabilization effect. As lithium ions “wake up” in the battery they start seeping into your blood stream, and act as a mood balancer. That is why I am so much calmer and nicer to be around when I am sitting in the Jag...
Ahh, I can give up my Prozac. Perhaps I can get my out-laws to sit in the Jag. Lol

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a really dangerous thing to do. And when your cell phone is in the car with you, the danger potentiates. Instant death!
Honey, do you mind taking your phone to the I-Pace to see if Bluetooth is working? It's totally safe.... Really. 🤫

·
Registered
385 Posts
I experimented and had the I-pace climate adjust before leaving on the morning commute. It was plugged into the wall charger with a departure time set too.

When I stepped into the garage there was a buzz of excitement coming from the car, the interior had a definite calm air about it (the ionization thing working?), and when I disconnected the cable I swear the leaper in the grill had a smile instead of snarl.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I stepped into the garage there was a buzz of excitement coming from the car, the interior had a definite calm air about it (the ionization thing working?), and when I disconnected the cable I swear the leaper in the grill had a smile instead of snarl.
I'm with Ayepace and Epirali. The interior does have a calming atmosphere. Exciting to drive yet inviting and comfortable interior. Kudos to the design team.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts