Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any owner tell me about their own experience with the standard air suspension vs the Dynamic option?

I am wanting to buy a new car and need to know if the dynamic option has many effects in practice. In other words, will I be happy with just the standard air suspension?

Nearly all in stock cars have the standard air and do not have the optional dynamic package.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I can't help you with the adaptive dynamics because my car doesn't have it but standard Dynamic mode works great for me. I've owned a number of performance cars and the I-Pace is as good if not better than most of them. The I-Pace is a cornering monster and holds the road very well. Comfort mode makes the car smooth and light handling.

I can't recommend one or the other because I don't know your driving style but I am highly satisfied with the standard air suspension.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I never drove a car without the adaptive dynamics. We got an FE. That said, the standard mode is a bit floppy for my taste but it's fine. Dynamic mode is damned good in any situation. I think you'd have to AB the cars to know if it's worth the money. I think all press cars had adaptive dynamics.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I would expect it to give a smoother ride in dynamic mode and better handling in comfort mode.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Super Moderator
2,291 Posts
NB: with "standard" air suspension you still get Dynamic Mode, which you activate via a button on the right side. *Adaptive* dynamics is an extra feature (which I don't have).

I didn't feel that I'd have to fine-tune suspension behavior .. so I didn't get Adaptive Dynamics as an option. But I do put it in Dynamic Mode every time, and it's fantastic.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
In the standard suspension, you get comfort, dynamic, and I think eco mode. That adjusts throttle, steering, and suspension stiffness to certain presets.

In the active suspension, the computer pays attention to driver and sensory inputs then constantly adjusts the settings for suspension to smooth out the ride and improve handling. It also allows you to customize the throttle and steering to whatever you want in dynamic mode, like if you want slower steering, softer suspension, but quicker throttle.

Since I haven't done an AB, I can't say which is better, but I'd assume that active is noticeably better.

I also could be wrong about the stock car adjusting suspension for dynamic. If it doesn't, YEESH! No thanks.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I do like comfort for most driving then dynamic when I want to really move.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey guys has anyone researched why as the air suspension moves up or down it makes horrible noise while holding the brake. I noticed it at a dealership as a salesman was showing it off to us as he held the brake. I noticed the manual says to only hold the parking brake during deployment. Has there been any damage as a result of this problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hey guys has anyone researched why as the air suspension moves up or down it makes horrible noise while holding the brake. I noticed it at a dealership as a salesman was showing it off to us as he held the brake. I noticed the manual says to only hold the parking brake during deployment. Has there been any damage as a result of this problem?

Thanks
As someone explained to me, the wheelbase changes when the car rises and lowers, which slides the brakes a bit. No issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Adjust the height setting while rolling/driving and not with fully applied breaks.

Reactions: gbillcb
1 - 13 of 13 Posts