Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This morning I got into the car while running errands (so the 5th time I started the car today), I got a message indicating an issue with the stability system, (sorry, did not write the message down). It displayed the yellow info icon and the red alert icon and the yellow turtle icon (and said it was ok to drive). I was a few blocks from home, so I decided to drive with "reduced performance" as it said. Right away I felt a pronounced pulsing from the front wheels (I think the left front) so I went right back into a parking space (I drove maybe 30 feet). I tried reversing a bit into the empty spot behind me and forward again (so always in a parking lane) and the issue persisted. Tried turning off the stability system, and restarting the car a few times with no improvement. Finally called the roadside assistance for a tow. They said it would be an hour, so I walked home with perishable groceries and came back to the car 30 or so min later. I started the car and the error had gone away. When tor tow truck arrived, I decided to see if the car would drive and it seemed fine. I cancelled the tow and drove home. Did 2 test drives and no issues. I plan on driving to the dealer Monday but has anyone seen this before?

·
Registered
381 Posts
For anyone reading this and having issues, like this or any other that lights up the instrument panel with warnings, if it all possible have the vehicle towed to the nearest dealership right then. Repeated starts and driving attempts may clear the fault information and the dealer will say "we don't find anything wrong." It is most helpful to diagnose a problem while it is still fresh in the cars memory.

Some faults, if a transient condition, will clear if the car is started and driven 4 or more times without sensing the problem. However, it may recur at the most inconvenient time and that time it may not clear by itself.

I know how tempting it is to keep trying and hoping it will return to normal. It is what we used to do pre-computer controlled cars.

Aside: The closest dealer to me was closed one day this week when I happened to stop by to schedule H280 update. It had a cleaning crew there. It now has signs up saying that "this is a no handshake building."

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured the logs should keep any faults? That would be pretty basic to maintain a log file in an embedded system (Unix or QNX). I wanted to avoid the embarrassment (and potential for scratches etc...) of being towed. If it happens again before Monday, I can always get towed and I was not planning on going anywhere far. I just got back from a long trip (literally yesterday) so I am glad this did not happen on the road.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ayepace is right on. We keep getting a check engine light on a 2004 WRX and by the time we get an appointment the codes have cleared. Finally ran straight to an auto parts store and they were able to get the code.

·
Super Moderator
1,560 Posts
I had an interesting experience a few min ago on my drive home. I floored it at a stop light but the surface was uneven .. the car went into a bit of a side to side and I had to countersteer quickly. At the next light, with admittedly less uneven surface, I turned off the DSC and it didn't do anything like that. I wonder if the DSC goes wonky sometimes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts