Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything I can do about a squeaky brake pedal. It doesn't affect the feel of the car stopping power, it's just that every single time I press the brake pedal, it squeaks.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the squeak is coming from cable/linkage connection to the front of the vehicle (if that makes sense) and I don't quite now where to "grease" it at.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yep...horrible problem that Jaguar claims to be "normal". When asked what is causing this, I was told that Jag tech is not required to give any of this information to the dealer or customer!! I found the solution myself....get rid of this car and take the huge loss.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yep...horrible problem that Jaguar claims to be "normal". When asked what is causing this, I was told that Jag tech is not required to give any of this information to the dealer or customer!! I found the solution myself....get rid of this car and take the huge loss.
Mine doesn't make that sound. 2020 HSE. 4000km on it. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 2019 does not make this sound either. Now I rarely use the brakes as I have my Regenerative Braking set to high and I have H264 installed. When I do use the brakes it is more to get the rust off of the brake disc, but I still do not hear that sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So JLR designed the brake pedal to be noisy, interesting! What other "normal" design faults are there? I love when a dealer calls a defect normal, not.

·
Super Moderator
2,251 Posts
With the disclaimer that cell phone video might distort sound ... but with your assurance that the video correctly reflects the sound ... I conclude that this is a squeaky bolt at the pedal. Willing to bet money, but open to other interpretations.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It sounds like it could also be something as simple as the brake pedal lever rubbing on the top of the floor mat (or something else like the bottom trim of the knee bolster).

·
Registered
546 Posts
I will assert that there are 2 different sources of 'squeak' related to braking on the I-Pace. The first emanates from compression of the brake pedal, and is more of the baby goat sound heard multiple times on this recording:

http://www.ariosostrings.com/jaguaripaceproblems/ipace_squeak.mp3

Bruintoo has a very similar, although slightly more subtle sound in his video posted above.

The second type of squeak seems to be related to the gripping of the brake calipers to the drum at very low speeds (think stop and start creeping up to a crowded stop sign). I don't have a recording of that one, but much more of a "creak" (think creaky wooden bed) than the animal-like noise from brake pedal compression.

I've experienced both types of squeaks on all 3 of the I-Paces I've driven (5k, 2.5k, and 9k mi respectively). Its somewhat intermittent, but still a problem for most cars, although some owners claim to have no such noises.

Neither should be acceptable on a vehicle of this calibre and price range. Both are irritating, but not enough so to chase a solution that dealers seem to have no desire or incentive to 'solve'.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have the #2 sound (creak/groan) while applying/releasing brakes at low speed. As dtgrsq noted, its intermittent but mostly there. It bugs me but does not otherwise detract in any way from my enjoyment of this stellar machine :smile2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts