Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Looks good! I noticed you have winter mats on. I discovered that despite being designed to protect the rug from winter salt, the genius who made them put a metal plate and rivets to secure the Jag logo at the bottom. Check under the mat to make sure you don't have a huge rust stain on it.

·
Registered
X2, I-Pace
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Looks good! I noticed you have winter mats on. I discovered that despite being designed to protect the rug from winter salt, the genius who made them put a metal plate and rivets to secure the Jag logo at the bottom. Check under the mat to make sure you don't have a huge rust stain on it.
Thanks for the head up - checking now! Edit - no rust, but I see the divots in the carpet from the rivets, so could definitely see that happening...will be lookin for n alternative..

·
Registered
208 Posts
wow! thanks for the heads up. I'm likely gonna weather-tech it up for all the footwells. I like the factory mat for the trunk.

·
Registered
X2, I-Pace
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the head up - checking now! Edit - no rust, but I see the divots in the carpet from the rivets, so could definitely see that happening...will be lookin for n alternative..
Alternative to the all weather mats...

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition with 20" Wheelset using All-Weather Tires
73 Posts
The trick to installing the pedal upgrade is to heat the back side up with a hair dryer then it slips on much easier. The issue was with the brake pedal as opposed to the accelerator pedal. Regarding the floor mats, you got an expensive car and you bought expensive pedal covers so why not get the better Weathertech floor mats? I did not get them for the back of the car due to the lip extension with the rear seats down. The Jaguar rear mat is perfectly fine.

·
Registered
X2, I-Pace
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More expensive doesn't mean better to me (car or otherwise) so we probably have different tastes. Had the weather techs and tux mat on other cars, and like these fitted mats better, and they are wearing great on the BMW (which also has a set). I like the waterproof black leather with the white stitching to match the interior.....and frankly I like the looks of the fitted mats much better than the weather techs, but to each their own. Not sure what you are saying about the pedals...they took me 15 minutes to install both....brake pedals are usually harder but this was a piece of cake (I have done a few in my days).

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition with 20" Wheelset using All-Weather Tires
73 Posts
I agree with you my fellow I-Pace owner. More expensive typically means better quality but not always and that is where investigative techniques play a role. Feel free to steer me in the direction of a TUX mat and I will take a look. Who knows maybe I will toss these? Haha. I made no comparison only a purchase wanting to protect the interior. And that they do. As you can see I did NOT like their rear deck mat and returned it. In any case, the stock mats and ones offered by Jaguar (talk about expensive) are nowhere as good as these third party ones. However, there must be enough of a market or they won't make them. This is what happened with the pedals forcing a Jaguar purchase. But they do look much better. Their install was made easier once the rubber surround was heated up to allow more comfortable stretching.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.