Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to find that when driving on roads that the navigation database doesn't have speed limit info for, if there are no signs then it shows "50 mph" on the display. The system overall seems to work pretty well except for this scenario. I would rather it show nothing than to show information that both I and the car know is probably not correct. Does anyone else's do this, and is there a way to tell it to not show a speed limit in these situations? Pivi 3.2.

·
Registered
559 Posts
From what I can recall the speed limit info is sometimes missing for me. I assume that means that it doesn’t show something when it doesn’t know.

I’ll pay more attention in the future.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,856 Posts
I do not rely on the speed limit info displayed. I've seen it go from 35mph to 70 mph to 35mph in a matter of a few cat lengths. The real speed limit was 35 mph for the total distance. Another road always starts off showing 55mph but the limit sign a few yards onto the road shows 45mph and it immediately drops the display to 45mph. Some places show up without a known speed limit because the car hasn't seen a sign and the navigation data apparently is equally oblivious of what it should be. I'm on the Touch Pro version but the mapping comes from here.com for both systems.

In your case, it reads like the mapping data provides it with the 50mph in those areas.

You can go to here.com and follow their process to contribute information to be included in future mapping data, if you want to.

It is not possible to educate the car to ignore bad info.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In your case, it reads like the mapping data provides it with the 50mph in those areas.

You can go to here.com and follow their process to contribute information to be included in future mapping data, if you want to.

It is not possible to educate the car to ignore bad info.
I did just recently set up an account on here.com and started applying limits to some nearby roads that didn't have them; I am curious to see how soon this updates the car. It seems in every case I get the 50mph limit displayed is on a road labeled as being "[speed] unset" on here.com (which is a lot of them)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts