Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:

There is a setting that alerts you, if you exceed the speed limit.

The settings are 'Off', 'Speed Limit', 'Speed Limit + 5' and 'Speed Limit + 10'.

I have gone through all of these settings but my car never sends an alert, no matter how much I exceed the speed limit.

I programmed it through the thumb wheel on the steering wheel (easy to do) and I have checked and double checked that the 'bullet point' for whatever setting I have chosen is checked, which it is.

Help, please!

Thanks.

Roger

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
207 Posts
It isn't a really big in-your-face alert like you might be expecting. The display of the speed limit sign on your dash will have a thin flashing red border highlight around it.

If you have the HUD and have it configured to show speed limit signage, it might catch your attention a little easier since the speed limit sign shown though also flashes the border of the sign in red. Having it do more might not have been supported since the system doesn't seem to be smart enough to know when/where to disregard certain conditional speed sign observations like school zones etc.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for your response.

I checked out what you said and it is there but what a waste of time it is! The line around the speed limit sign on the dash is such a fine line, that you need 20-10 vision to see it! It's even worse on my HUD, due to the bright sunshine that we get here in Florida. Maybe at night it will work well.

I was hoping there would be a gentle chime when going over the speed limit, as my daughter has on her Volvo.

However, you did save me a long trip to my dealer and I am grateful to you for that!

Roger

1 - 3 of 3 Posts