Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Southern California Orders

21K views 74 replies 22 participants last post by  PS702 
#1 ·
Just an FYI that I was told by a reliable source that the next ship is due in to port on November 20th. Still don’t know if my car is on this ship, or not (but, I am trying to find out).

#7 ·
We got our VIN, and I think it's on that ship. Super excited! Delivery by the end of the month, hopefully. This is a big time for car turnover. In addition to getting the I-Pace, we'll sell the Forester, probably sell the truck, possibly sell the FR-S, turn in the Spark EV, and buy a Pacifca Hybrid. Crazy. We might even have fewer than four cars for two people eventually!

Reactions: BeachCliff
#8 ·
We got our VIN, and I think it's on that ship. Super excited! Delivery by the end of the month, hopefully.

Tugela is “out of range” on the Marine Traffic site (free version). So, I checked the schedule at Port Hueneme. And, it looks like the ship is not due in until the 27th. Not sure how long it will take to get through customs and then transported to dealerships and then prepped for customers. So, I am currently thinking toward the end of the first week of December.

#11 ·
My bad in that Jag engineering rep I know thought the Tugela was due in the 22nd or 23rd. It looks like McRat is correct in that the ship arrived at Panama Canal earlier today. Current schedule is that it will go through tonight. Assuming a 6-7 day trip from Panama (18 knots/hour travel time), it seems that the 27th is indeed the likely arrival.

#15 ·
According to my salesperson, the ship carrying my I-Pace is arriving in Southern California today (11/21). He has no information on the port or ship’s name.
It is scheduled to be delivered, prepped and ready by the middle of next week. He has given me incorrect information before, but I’m hoping.

#18 · (Edited)
#20 ·
My I-Pace is now at the Santa Monica dealership being prepped. Ordered in June, last delivery date was Dec 6, so we're about 10 days ahead of that. Expect to be driving it in 48 hours.

Attachments

#21 ·
No love from Newport Beach JLR. I'm pretty sure my car arrived in port the 15th, but they haven't been very forthcoming concerning anything. I might order a Tesla on the 30th (last day to get the full rebate). I picked the wrong dealership, and now I'm being punished for it. NB JLR is one of the few JLR dealers in the area who have not received an i-Pace. I think they are in financial trouble.

#33 ·
You can call them and get a LR RWD next day if you're in the Bay Area. From reading the TMC Model 3 forums, it seems North American demand has been exhausted for a few weeks at minimum. Their logistics is such **** though I still expect a raft of year-end deliveries in points farther east even for cars that were built weeks/months earlier.

#26 ·
I'm getting the carrot tied to stick. I went down in person, and did see a MFR Photon Red, but no other i-Paces. Their website has only listed i-Paces from other dealers.
But they said they put my car on a truck today. That's <5 hrs away with bad traffic. We will see if it's there tomorrow.

$3,750 cash beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. But I need to buy something this year for tax reasons.
In SoCal, I'll be surprised if the i-Pace gets under 200 miles in the winter. There is radar on the 241, and the other freeways are normally congested.
To put it in perspective, the shop Volt has an EPA of 53 miles. I routinely do a freeway loop to a customer that is 58.4 miles with juice leftover. This is at 11 am, not rush hour.

#29 ·
Yes, they made me comfortable enough to plunk my money down. However there are others who are seeing consumption like mine, so there seems to be a wide range and everyone seems to have the same software (14.2). However when I asked one Norwegian (who is reporting fuel economy much better than our EPA) what his software version was, his screen for version number was blank...?

#31 ·
I have been following this thread as my car has been 'lost' at the port in Zebrugee, Belgium after a build date of 11/3.
After posting a DHL letter to Dr. Speth in the UK, I did receive an immediate response; car found and apologies for it being lost.
How many days does it take the ship to go from the port in Zebrugee, Belgium to Port Hueneme, CA?
The reason I'm asking is because I have have been told wide ranging numbers. You guys have been following your cars closely so I believe you will have realistic numbers. My dealer is 450 miles from the port in CA.
Thanks

#32 ·
IIRC, about 3-4 weeks. There is a ship name and code on your status sheet, that will tell you when the ship hits port. Make sure you locate a 'car carrier', ship names are not unique.

#37 · (Edited)
And Finally! Ordered May 30, 2018. Received November 28, 2018 at 8 pm. Newport Beach JLR delivered it with 30% charge. They had no CCS or L2 capability at their shop, and it had arrived yesterday afternoon. They didn't want me to take delivery with under 80%, but I talked them into it. 22 miles on the odo when sold.
The Steering Assist does work, even though three different JLR people told me it does not. Very relaxing drive down the 241 with Adaptive Cruise and Steering Assist.
At 65 mph, the 'guessometer' was about spot on with AC and stereo on, driving through hills up to 6% grade and climbing 800' altitude total.
But that's not scientific at all. Need to do a loop, and measure the electricity.
With 9% charge remaining, it first estimated 11h30m to charge using a Juicebox 40. Odd.
This will be interesting to play with. So far, very happy even though I paid full MSRP which is something I don't do.
It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! WOO HOO!

Attachments

Reactions: PGhiron and ryzvy
#40 · (Edited)
In the end, all is OK, but the dealer I selected is not a good choice for EVs. I knew more about the car than anybody working there, and I went through 4 different points of contact. Perhaps I would have gotten my car a month earlier if I picked a different dealer.

The ironic part? We found we could have picked up the exact same car in our area right off lot fully charged yesterday. No ordering necessary.

#41 ·
Just got mine

The new batch did get in on 11/23. I just picked up mine on Monday night.
The car drives very nicely. I've noticed a little lag on the touchscreen but I'm hopeful a future update will solve the tech issue.

The tech does get a little getting used to but the drive is excellent.

#42 ·
The new batch did get in on 11/23. I just picked up mine on Monday night.
The car drives very nicely. I've noticed a little lag on the touchscreen but I'm hopeful a future update will solve the tech issue.

The tech does get a little getting used to but the drive is excellent.

#43 ·
Well, I think most of us who have researched this car for months on the internet (and especially those few who now own one) will have the experience of "knowing more than anybody at the dealership" ... for a while.

But, in my case, I had told a salesman that I was interested, but I wanted to actually see one before I put down money. I actually wanted to see one in Phoenix in August (like the original expectation was) because I worry about the glass roof here in 115+ afternoons. But, that didn't happen until October & by the time they had one I could drive, I was told that they weren't taking orders any more ... And, I would be put on a list to be allowed to make an order sometime in the future (like April 2019). And, that they said I would be notified if anybody who did order one decided that they weren't going to take it.

So, I had resigned myself to thinking "Eh, maybe June of next year at the soonest". Then, suddenly over Thanksgiving weekend Saturday, I got a voicemail from the salesman I had been communicating with that the local dealership got in a 1st Edition that was supposed to be their dealer test/demo car - and he said Jag has recently decided that there won't be ANY of those and so they were putting them up for sale immediately. And, while I wasn't the first one called, I was the first one to respond. I saw it Monday morning, and owned it by Monday night. i went from the bottom of the list to the top, somehow. So, I have to say I'm not unhappy with my dealer!

(So, don't hate me!)

#45 ·
Thanks! I have been told very little, but based on a recent estimated delivery date, I'm going to go ahead and assume that my car's on Toreador too.

It looks like the ship is nearing Bristol in England coming from Portsmouth, which is only 117 miles overland. So I have no idea what they're doing now, but hopefully they'll head in our direction soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.