Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first SOTA today, bringing me to 19B! However, the selections for 'updates on' and 'updates unlocked' are no longer there. Anyone else have that problem?

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
335 Posts
That's an expected change based on the release notes. They've removed the ability to disable them (you can skip when prompted, but not completely disable)

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,060 Posts
Good for you! Today I got an email saying they had noticed I had not activated SOTA and told me how to turn it on.

Car disagrees with that statement. Car still says "Software is up to date" and "No updates available".

Customer service got an email telling them that 3 dealers and the car disagree with their email.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How do you turn on SOTA?

I have just purchased my second I Pace ( I have two now) and have been amazed at how cavalier the dealer and corporate support has been.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
335 Posts
It depends what version of the IMC software you have. If it is 19B or higher, there's no way to turn it on or off, it is just always on. That doesn't mean it will get updates though, as JLR has to enable SOTA for the vehicle on the backend in the dealer only part of Topix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It depends what version of the IMC software you have. If it is 19B or higher, there's no way to turn it on or off, it is just always on. That doesn't mean it will get updates though, as JLR has to enable SOTA for the vehicle on the backend in the dealer only part of Topix.
One of the I-Paces has TCU version 16.2 and the other has 18.2. It seems that the version 18.2 has noticeable enhancements. (Like the router planner route, will load into the car navigation system, among other things)
Can the dealer update the 16.2 to a later version over the air or must I go to the dealer.. Also the dealer from whom I bought the car is 400 miles away. Will JLR dealers cheerfully do warranty things on cars they didn't sell?

Thank you for the information.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
335 Posts
TCU and IMC are different systems. There have been reports of people getting SOTA TCU updates from 14.2 up to 19.2, but also many reports of dealers having to physically replace the TCU to get an update to take.

Route planning should all be part of the IMC software, and that can update SOTA even if the TCU is only on 14.2.

·
Registered
5 Posts
TCU and IMC are different systems. There have been reports of people getting SOTA TCU updates from 14.2 up to 19.2, but also many reports of dealers having to physically replace the TCU to get an update to take.

Route planning should all be part of the IMC software, and that can update SOTA even if the TCU is only on 14.2.
How does one attempt to see if the TCU software can be updated over the air?

I have no idea when to look on my car.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
335 Posts
The car will automatically check when it starts up. So far, the button in Settings, Software (or Software Updates, I can't remember) doesn't seem to reliably work for most people, and a lot of times it won't even show the version for anything except the IMC version (the first software version in that section of the settings).

·
Registered
5 Posts

How does one attempt to see if the TCU software can be updated over the air?

I have no idea when to look on my car.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,060 Posts
Press the settings icon (gears) along the bottom.
Press "all settings".
Scroll to "software updates"
You'll have two choices updating software.
The top one is infotainment (IMC) software. The most recent version starts with "S20C1".
The bottom one is the TCU. It may show a number or not. I have 18.2 and sometimes to back up a menu level and then go back to check it again to see a number. Sometimes just press the "update software" will cause it to show the version. Mine always show "no update available" after a very brief fraction of second. I have doubts that it really checked.

I got mine from a dealer 600 miles away (they shipped it to me). I have not had any issues with the local dealer working on the cat as needed. The first thing they had to do was reload the software since the selling dealer appeared to do a partial install. The clue was that the car only claimed to know French language and it didn't even do that.

Local dealer can go into the JLR TOPIx system and ensure SOTA is enable for the car. They can also 'push' updates out to the car if any SOTA updates are available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you very much..

I called the dealer and within a hour I had a SOTA update ready to download.

Will see which version it brings me to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts