Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For two days I have been trying to download the 19B update via my home WiFi connection. Yesterday it dowloaded and then asked to be installed, which I activated. It never completed installation and later yesterday, and still today it is back to asking me to download the new version. I am trying to do this, but it is stuck in "Downloading new version" mode.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just to confirm that I do have 19B. Came over the air a few weeks ago. Works fine except I can't reset Trip A or B from the main screen - the reset button is greyed out. I reset using the left stalk on the steering column.

Suggest you see your dealer to find out why SOTA didn't come to you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried again today to download the update. After 35 minutes of direct observation of a full and complete wifi connection, it was still hung up on "downloading update". So I gave up.

I'd be interested in knowing from those who have succeeded in downloading it: how long did it take?

Thx!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just to confirm that I do have 19B. Came over the air a few weeks ago. Works fine except I can't reset Trip A or B from the main screen - the reset button is greyed out. I reset using the left stalk on the steering column.

Suggest you see your dealer to find out why SOTA didn't come to you.
Thx for checking. I'll speak to my sales guy. Why I select check for updates it says it's up to date.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tried again today to download the update. After 35 minutes of direct observation of a full and complete wifi connection, it was still hung up on "downloading update". So I gave up.

I'd be interested in knowing from those who have succeeded in downloading it: how long did it take?

Thx!
I used my WIFI hotspot from my phone : exactly 30 minutes to download and exactly 10 minutes to install (I clocked the time ergo I have got to get a life)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here is a copy of my down load experience from another post on this forum.
I bought my car in Sept 2019 new. I have never signed in to the I-Pace's software. I do not use the Incontrol app. I have not turned on any of the wifi or Bluetooth accesss' in the car. My home wifi is wpa2 and requires both sides' numbers to access wifi. The neighbors' wifis are all protected wifis. Last night I saw on this forum that there was a new update for the Incontrol system and that there were questions about how the car was getting the update. I went out to my car(which is parked in an uninsulated garage) and flipped the slide button over to allow updates, then asked the car to check for updates. The car search a few seconds and then asked if I want to download the 77 mb file. I said yes and read the disclaimer. The car said it was downloading the file. About 14 minutes later it said the file was downloaded. I got out of the car, leaving the door open, and unplugged it. I reached back in and started the car back up without the brake pedal and selected to install the software. I left the door open to help insure the car would not shut down(it worked). I went back inside and 30 minutes later came back out and the S19B_19.40.4-436082 software was installed. No, you do not require any wifi or signups of any cell lines to download updated software to a 2019 Jaguar I-Pace with 2500 miles on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here is a copy of my down load experience from another post on this forum.
I bought my car in Sept 2019 new. I have never signed in to the I-Pace's software. I do not use the Incontrol app. I have not turned on any of the wifi or Bluetooth accesss' in the car. My home wifi is wpa2 and requires both sides' numbers to access wifi. The neighbors' wifis are all protected wifis. Last night I saw on this forum that there was a new update for the Incontrol system and that there were questions about how the car was getting the update. I went out to my car(which is parked in an uninsulated garage) and flipped the slide button over to allow updates, then asked the car to check for updates. The car search a few seconds and then asked if I want to download the 77 mb file. I said yes and read the disclaimer. The car said it was downloading the file. About 14 minutes later it said the file was downloaded. I got out of the car, leaving the door open, and unplugged it. I reached back in and started the car back up without the brake pedal and selected to install the software. I left the door open to help insure the car would not shut down(it worked). I went back inside and 30 minutes later came back out and the S19B_19.40.4-436082 software was installed. No, you do not require any wifi or signups of any cell lines to download updated software to a 2019 Jaguar I-Pace with 2500 miles on it.
Hi Trielectric - are you certain that the AT&T mobile hotspot wasn't active in your car? The dealer likely set that up when you bought it, and it comes with 90 days (or 3gb whichever is first).

·
Registered
227 Posts
I used my WIFI hotspot from my phone : exactly 30 minutes to download and exactly 10 minutes to install (I clocked the time ergo I have got to get a life)
Are you sure you used your WIFI for the download? My trial period for the internal SIM expired long ago and successfully downloaded the latest update. I had to be on WIFI to see the update was available (my car can see the home WIFI in the driveway), but once I started the download, was able to drive to work while it downloaded. I presume it either used the "private" SIM that Jaguar uses to talk to the car, or the "public" SIM with the expired plan is still enabled to download updates.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had to take mine to a dealer. It would not download the software. It always said "software up to date".
Dealer went through all the steps and got the same result.

They had to replace an antenna and/or antenna circuit board even though all the driver accessible stuff worked (WIFI, 4G, SiriusXM, local radio).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts