Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a multiple EV owner, Tesla Model S and Model 3 specifically. I need a new car in Rio de Janeiro and Tesla is not available here so I have chosen and I-Pace. I admit to being a trifle nervous about it since there is little charging infrastructure here. On the other hand when i first drove Tesla in 2013 there was not much in the US. I have driven country wide in the US and Canada by Tesla, as well as Italy, Switzerland, Croatia and Slovenia among other places. Given that history I expect few issues finding charge for my I-Pace. By background I have lived on four continents and too many countries, but now am retired lving between my two countries of citizenship, Brazil and the US.

I have had many cars of too many brands but only two JLR products. Still, I have had at least four cars that were built by Magna-Steyr in Austria so I have confidence in the I-Pace builder!

I am eagerly hoping to learn a lot from all of you. Hopefully I may be able to reciprocate on such arcane things as li-ion battery management and long range EV driving.

Thus far I don't know when my car will arrive, so I am impatiently waiting to find out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I will not “blindar”. I have had two cars “blindado”, a Range Rover and a Peugeot. They are a pain, with windows nearly inoperable, creaks, periodic maintenance and reduced performance, nit to mention high cost and reduced resale value. In my life I have never been accosted by anybody in Brazil.

I was told that blindagem for EV’s can be done, but I would nit want to be a guinea pig for that process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts