Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like my car is operating on a 76kWH battery, not an 86kWH as it should be.

This morning my SOC was 100% (range showed 237 on Comfort, 254 on Eco).

36 miles round trip, almost entirely highway at under 70mph at all times, drove in ECO round trip!

Outside temp was 83F there and 95F home.

SOC % is now 85%. "Range" in ECO is now 214 from 254.

15% SOC for a 36 mile drive in ECO mode, driving like an old lady, high regen, s l o w accelerations from every stop....just cannot be right. Right?

Eco Data in car showed 37kWH/100mi for today's journey.
Eco Data showed on Saturday 8/15/20 when it was 115F: 70kWH/100mi. That is absolutely crazy, right?!

Make me feel better ;) LOL

Registered
ahhh imperial vs metrics conversion always sucks !
Yes, a 36 miles ride with 40 miles drop on the GOM makes perfect sense for me , especially when you start at 100%.
and 15% for 36 miles makes perfect sense as well. The translated value of 37kwh/100miles at 70miles/h on the high, with A/C on, is something close to my number as well.
The consumption on a short and hot journey could be completely off, especially if you start the car, and wait a couple of min with A/C at max before moving, the first value for the consumption will be "a lot of kw for a very short distance" = very high kw/miles.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Did you get better efficiency on your way back? 100% charge is always the worst due to limited regen.
NO, lol. I used 6% SOC on the way there this a.m. and 9% SOC on the way back....but the drive there was 83F and the drive how it was 95F (and a few miles at 97-99F).

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all the responses, really!!! appreciated.

It just "freaks me out" and makes me obsess and fret that 36 miles used 15% of the battery. If this holds true....a 100% charge will give me only about 150-ish miles of driving range. I keep reading about people getting 250-300 miles on a charge, and this would be 1000% impossible for me.

Registered
Mazda RX-8
Thank you for all the responses, really!!! appreciated.

It just "freaks me out" and makes me obsess and fret that 36 miles used 15% of the battery. If this holds true....a 100% charge will give me only about 150-ish miles of driving range. I keep reading about people getting 250-300 miles on a charge, and this would be 1000% impossible for me.
36 miles on 15% charge at highway speeds and using A/C sounds pretty good to me!! (y)(y)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks SO much science geek, dernotte, JagBama and DocHudson! I feel way better now. Obviously math is not my strong point :) Now....English, German, Spanish and Swedish (y)(y)(y)(y)

Speaking of Regeneration....have any of you ever seen your "range" go up with Regen. braking?

Our Taycan and my i3...when doing a lot of braking (say downhill), the range could go up 1-2 miles.

On my '19 and '20 I-Pace....even down a long hill with High Regen., the "range" will either stay the same, or go down by 1 mile.

Registered
On my '19 and '20 I-Pace....even down a long hill with High Regen., the "range" will either stay the same, or go down by 1 mile.
I concur. During my road trip this summer in Quebec I had a lot of small hills with up and down and I was surprised that the GOM could stay the same during a long distance when you regen a lot. In fact I never saw it going up while driving, always going down or stay still.

Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
Speaking of Regeneration....have any of you ever seen your "range" go up with Regen. braking?
I can't say that I've seen it go up, but I have observed it delaying going down. It may depend on how much regen is accomplished. I don't have long downhill stretches that would regen a lot. I have shot bits of downhill and regen braking for those poles with lights on them that want to take a long slow look at my car.

Speaking of "long slow look", I came out of the post office the other day to experience another gawker. A man with a basket full of mail for his business was just standing there looking across the little parking lot at my car. "That sure is a good looking car." was all he could say while staring. He didn't move for several minutes.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #14
I can't say that I've seen it go up, but I have observed it delaying going down. It may depend on how much regen is accomplished. I don't have long downhill stretches that would regen a lot. I have shot bits of downhill and regen braking for those poles with lights on them that want to take a long slow look at my car.

Speaking of "long slow look", I came out of the post office the other day to experience another gawker. A man with a basket full of mail for his business was just standing there looking across the little parking lot at my car. "That sure is a good looking car." was all he could say while staring. He didn't move for several minutes.
I had two gawkers this morning. Two older ladies, and one just said: Wow, what a Jaguar :)

I agree, our I-Paces are stunning!!!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I concur. During my road trip this summer in Quebec I had a lot of small hills with up and down and I was surprised that the GOM could stay the same during a long distance when you regen a lot. In fact I never saw it going up while driving, always going down or stay still.
What is strange is the plug in vehicles we owned/have owned: i3s, Taycan, BMW 740e and X5 40e and a Range Rover P400e....all when doing a lot of braking or regen. coasting, the range and even SOC % goes up.

The I-Pace....even down a long, long canyon road in high Regen (regen. meter full green), the range and SOC % will stay the same, or even go down.

Where is the Regen. going in our I-Paces?! :-O

1 - 18 of 18 Posts