1. Heated steering wheel is an option, you can got Jaguar USA and look at configurations available to see what options are included/extra based on trim levelHi all,
I'm going into the dealership tomorrow and may very well walk out with a signed deal, but before that I wanted to ask some questions of current owners to help me with some things I just havent found in my research and browsing this site. The sales guy at the dealer seems to only know about half of what he should for this car, which is frustrating because I work in software and feel like I know more than him about how the infotainment system works (or is supposed to work).
1) Are there any models that come with heated steering wheel? I'm not seeing this listed anywhere.
2) From what I can see, you need to get an HSE trim to get heated/ventilated seats, does that seem right? Kind of a bummer for me because all things considered, we really only need an SE trim...but not having heated seats is a big loss since every car we've had the last 10 years has them. I don't want to spend $80k and lose features...that's the reason I didn't get a Tesla...it was missing so many features that I was used to (can anyone say Apple Carplay?) but spending several thousand more just to get the seat heating I want is hurting my brain, but I'm just hoping I can get a better deal by buying one of the 15 that have been sitting at my local dealer for 2 months rather than a custom order.
3) How are people feeling about the self-parallel parking feature in real world usage? We have this in our Chevy Volt and use it ALL the time where we live. I'm glad the I-PACE has it but haven't had a chance to test it...will plan to do on my test drive.
4) How is getting service with Jaguar? I know this can vary a bit depending on dealership, but do they give your loaner cars if you need to bring it in for a problem?
5) Does the car have good front sensors when parking? Like letting you know if/when you're going to hit the car in front of you or your garage wall, etc?
6) Can you do remote start/preconditioning from the key fob (if within line of sight of the vehicle)? Or do you need to do it through the app? On my Volt, I can just hit a preconditioning button on the key fob from inside my house, and my Volt will start warming up in the garage. Love that feature. Wondering how it works with IPACE
7) Does Jaguar have a similar roadside assistance service like GM's OnStar? I'm thinking of things like flat tire or if you run out of juice. If so, how do you call it? Through the car or the app or phone #?
8) How is the app functionality and reliability? What can you or do you use the app for?
9) Can the app identify the car's location at any given point in time?
10) How is the rear cross traffic alert working for people in real world use? We use this ALL the time in our Volt, as pulling out of our driveway can be tough and hearing a beep from the car, along with a direction arrow of which way it's coming from, is awesome and I've come to rely on it. How does this work in the IPACE?
11) Has anyone had to replace tires or brakes yet? I'm wondering how much they cost to replace since I assume they're not covered under maintenance
12) I know it's winter for most people, but I'm concerned about the expansive glass roof and what that will do to the cabin on blistering hot days (I live in California). I'm not sure what type of coating it has to block UV rays or blazing sunlight. Anyone have any thoughts or experience on this?
13) Anyone have the forward collision warning go off for them, or hard brake in a real world situation? Does it work well? I'd be concerned about false positive alert warnings, as sometimes our Volt thinks there's an imminent situation and gives the collision beep warning (but in reality it's not a dangerous situation)...I think the sensors are too sensitive, and wouldn't be surprised if the Jag had similar issues given their issues with electronic components and reliability.
14) For people who bought (not leased), how are you feeling about resale value?
15) Any other questions I should be asking the sales rep when I go to test drive and look at the vehicle?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice!
2. See #1
3. It is not very functional/practicalt. It is slow to recognize a parking spot, it may not select parallel/perpendicular correctly
4. Unknown for me
5. They are ok. There is a front camera as well, but mine hasn’t worked since I picked the car up in November and I am too far from the dealer to be able to drive there in the winter
6. Need to use the app or preprogram it. Key fob is basic lock/unlock functions
8. Mine works fine. It normally takes 2-3 tries to actually work and sometimes reports it didn’t work, although I can clearly see it has...
10. It works well
11. Not me
12. The warmest it has been since I bought the car is ~30F
13. Haven’t experienced it.
14. I expect it will suck
15. Not very likely to get good answers from the sales person...