Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
MY2019
16 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance on this but - if you have the phone pairing to the Bluetooth GPS receiver, does that mean that same phone won't be able TK pair with the car for taking phone calls, Spotify etc?

I too have spotty reception with my android phone and this solution is tempting, but if the trade off is not being able to simultaneously pair the phone with the car for audio I may have to stick with the in built nav for a little while longer!

· Registered
MY2019
16 Posts
That's really interesting @Brendon and I had to look it up - seems like Android Auto can use the car's in built GPS if the car is programmed to allow GPS sharing.

Are you connecting wirelessly or plugged in to get Android Auto on the jag screen?

Also @stux or anyone else who knows - please let me know if I go with this GPS Bluetooth receiver route, does that mean we can't pair the phone to the I-Pace to make calls using the car audio and mic, casting music etc!

· Registered
MY2019
16 Posts
I received the aa wireless dongle and have been using it for a couple of days now (I also installed the beta version of Android Auto to get the fancy new coolwalk split screen version of AA), and - yes finally - I can use Google maps again with a good GPS fix!

Really does seem like wireless AA allows for a proper GPS fix for Google maps - seems like it's using the car GPS system which works great.

Thank you @Brendon for the dongle recommendation and thanks @stux flr starting this conversation!

I'd recommend joining the beta programme of AA in the Google play store, updating so the AA app is in beta, then clearing your AA cache and rebooting your phone - that should get you the new version of AA (the coolwalk splitscreen version of AA - pic attaches showing the version number that'll indicate you're now on the coolwalk update).

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts