Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like Toyota is working on solid-state batteries instead of the usual lithium ion ones and they're expected to offer greater range with a recharge time of a few minutes. Think Jaguar is working on something similar? The future of EVs could move in that direction instead of lithium, but then again Toyota tried hydrogen power and that didn't really work out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
So far it seems to be a Toyota only development and no word from Jaguar on battery development beyond the I-Pace. But if the new solid state battery packs prove to be a success for Toyota, I'm sure other will follow.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe a lot of automakers are just depending on LG Chem to advance battery cell technology. That company seems to be providing most cells for a lot of electric cars right now.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Maybe a lot of automakers are just depending on LG Chem to advance battery cell technology. That company seems to be providing most cells for a lot of electric cars right now.
Not only depending but probably influential with technology and investment. I bet if you really look into it you will find that there's far more collaboration going on than it seems on the surface. Just easier I guess for LG given what they're known for and their resources.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts