Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2020 HSE 3 days ago. InControl shows version 19A, and trying to update says there are no updates. Here's what the free Topix shows me:

I've been searching through the forums, and I'm confused as to where/how to start on getting updates. Am I at the "bring it to the dealer" stage? If so, what exactly do I ask/direct them to do? I pointed out to the sales guy at handover that the software was at 19A, and he said he would check that out, but I haven't heard back yet. I'll call him to check on what he has found/remind him to look it up.

I see lots of posts that talk about H264, H280, etc. I assume they are different from the InControl software versions, but what are they? How can I tell what version I am at, and where I should be?

Has anyone put together a step-by-step, "here is what you need to do to get software updated" tutorial?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
678 Posts
19A? When I picked my 2019 HSE up in Dec. 2019, it had 19C Infotainment.

I found out on 12/31/19 that my selling dealer did however not do several other updates, including a mandatory safety recall. My amazing Servicing Dealer (Jaguar Thousand Oaks) confirmed that my selling dealer (Hornburg) neglected to do what they were required & supposed to do before delivering me the vehicle. I guess they did take the time to do 19C, before handing it over. I had H264 completed on 12/31/19.

I still have not done H280, and this is requires the car to be dropped off. My Servicing dealer told me it can wait until I have to bring the car in for something else, and H280 is not critical or that important.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
19A? When I picked my 2019 HSE up in Dec. 2019, it had 19C Infotainment.
Yep

So what exactly should I ask the dealer to do? The salesman thought everything was up to date at handover, until I showed him the InControl version.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
78 Posts
There's another recent discussion thread on InControl Touch Pro 20A. Your service advisor has to log in to Topix and enable the update for your vehicle, at which point you can install it remotely. I just did this yesterday. Here's a snapshop from the other thread with the main takeaway:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone know if the dealer can see what software has and has not been applied without plugging the car in? i.e. Can do they know if H264 and H280 have been applied without the physical car to plug into?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Are they able to remotely determine software versions? Doubtful. But if there is a campaign for the update (as is the case for H280), then if the campaign is not listed you can infer it has been applied. You don't need a dealer to do that; it can be verified by logging into Topix.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've logged into Topix and seen neither 264 or 280 are outstanding, What I was/am unaware of though is if that means it HAS been done. i.e. if it isn't showing as needed in Topix then it DEFINATELY has been applied.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are they able to remotely determine software versions? Doubtful. But if there is a campaign for the update (as is the case for H280), then if the campaign is not listed you can infer it has been applied. You don't need a dealer to do that; it can be verified by logging into Topix.
The dealer is basically telling me to be patient. They have no idea why my car tells me that I'm on infotainment version 19A, while Topix says I have no outstanding campaigns. The guess is that the campaings are rolled out geographically, and that my car just isn't yet in one of the VIN batches added to the later campaings yet. I'm not sure why I wouldn't see at least the later 2019 updates (like 19C). The dealer insists that I do have H264 updated. I'll take his word on that.

I'll do my best to be patient for now :). I LOVE THIS CAR

·
Registered
78 Posts
I should have added that I'm pretty sure you need to be on version 19C to be eligible for the 20A OTA update.
There typically aren't campaigns created for InControl updates. Those updates are usually applied on an as-needed basis based on customer complaints.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
456 Posts
I should have added that I'm pretty sure you need to be on version 19C to be eligible for the 20A OTA update.
There typically aren't campaigns created for InControl updates. Those updates are usually applied on an as-needed basis based on customer complaints.
Agreed. Dealers seem reluctant to advise bringing the car in for non-essential updates.

·
Registered
2020 S
57 Posts
New guy here. I've had my 2020 I-Pace for 3 weeks, so I'm no expert, but I thought part of H264 was updating InControl to 19B or C. If that's correct then H264 was either not applied or applied incorrectly to the OP's car since he has 19A. Doesn't the battery level gauge on the instrument cluster also change as part of the H264 update? My dealer said my car was all updated at delivery, but Topix shows H264 and H270 outstanding so I don't have a lot of faith in what they say. My car shows the same 19A as the OP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The dealer is basically telling me to be patient. They have no idea why my car tells me that I'm on infotainment version 19A, while Topix says I have no outstanding campaigns. The guess is that the campaings are rolled out geographically, and that my car just isn't yet in one of the VIN batches added to the later campaings yet. I'm not sure why I wouldn't see at least the later 2019 updates (like 19C). The dealer insists that I do have H264 updated. I'll take his word on that.

I'll do my best to be patient for now :). I LOVE THIS CAR
I read somewhere else on here that you can easily see if you have H264 based on the GoM - If it's a green horizontal bar, you've got H264. If it's a grey meter that's part of the lower circle then you have the older version. Pics stolen from Google

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had the dealer today tell me that Jag is very much against installing any updates for the I-PACE unless they are part of a campaign. His words were something to the effect of "they don't want us even working on these cars without talking to them."

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I read somewhere else on here that you can easily see if you have H264 based on the GoM - If it's a green horizontal bar, you've got H264. If it's a grey meter that's part of the lower circle then you have the older version. Pics stolen from Google View attachment 4018 View attachment 4019
Yep, I've got the horizontal green GoM bar, so that's good.

New guy here. I've had my 2020 I-Pace for 3 weeks, so I'm no expert, but I thought part of H264 was updating InControl to 19B or C. If that's correct then H264 was either not applied or applied incorrectly to the OP's car since he has 19A. Doesn't the battery level gauge on the instrument cluster also change as part of the H264 update? My dealer said my car was all updated at delivery, but Topix shows H264 and H270 outstanding so I don't have a lot of faith in what they say. My car shows the same 19A as the OP.
So I've got H264, but still showing InControl v19A. Hmm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I also had the green bar (h264) and at the same time had 19a so not an impossible combination. Just got it back from the dealer yesterday and I now have 20A.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
300 Posts
Just to clarify, having the green bar doesn't necessarily mean H264 was done. There was an IPC (Instrument Panel Cluster) update that released prior to H264 that made that change, and some cars had that from the factory, or had it manually applied because of a specific problem. To make it more confusing, part of the process to update H264 is applying that IPC update. So basically having the bar is a necessary but insufficient proof that H264 was applied.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had to ping my service advisor twice to instruct him he had to toggle my car to be able to receive updates. He finally figured it out, so stay on them until they toggle your vehicle to on in the system. That same day when I checked for updates, it showed one was available and then download and install was easy, about 10mins.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went into the dealer (Jaguar Bellevue) today and literally stood over them while they toggled the SOTA update on. At which point is showed that I have 18D and 20A was ready... They seemed slightly amused that I knew how to do this, but they hadn't done it. I had the car booked in to get the software updated, which has now been cancelled.
Thanks for the info on this - saved me a day at the dealer!

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
313 Posts
I went into the dealer (Jaguar Bellevue) today and literally stood over them while they toggled the SOTA update on. At which point is showed that I have 18D and 20A was ready... They seemed slightly amused that I knew how to do this, but they hadn't done it. I had the car booked in to get the software updated, which has now been cancelled.
Thanks for the info on this - saved me a day at the dealer!
I also have S18D and plan to see what upgrade I can get. There was some questions as to whether S18D was able to accept SOTA. Did you get S20A with an SOTA update?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts