Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 2019 HSE about 4 weeks back and have a few questions -

1. What are the list of software updates that need to go in. Would just the latest one be sufficient?
2. Where do I see a list of updates applied to the car?
3. I know there's a recall on the rgen brakes. Any others we need to be aware of and take the vehicle back?

Lastly, I am unable to open the trunk with my foot movement.what am I doing wrong? Tried every effing dance move. Lol.

Thanks very much.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts

1. What are the list of software updates that need to go in. Would just the latest one be sufficient?
3. I know there's a recall on the rgen brakes. Any others we need to be aware of and take the vehicle back?
Unfortunately there is not an easy way for you to check yourself, not is there a list of the updates and what they fix available for the general public. The dealer should be able to see what needs to be done using your VIN and/or hooking the car up to their system, but not all of them appear to be at the same level of helpfulness when it comes to doing that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just realized I have 18D and for the telematics software I don't see a version, it's blank. Running updates dosent show me any new version. Dealer told me he's done it all. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just realized I have 18D and for the telematics software I don't see a version, it's blank. Running updates dosent show me any new version. Dealer told me he's done it all. Any suggestions ?

If you have an Android phone, you can get the telematics version from the WattCat app. It's a bit more cryptic in WattCat where J8A2-70712-AS is 14.2 and J8A2-70712-AT is 15.2. I assume later versions follow a similar pattern, but those are the only ones I've had in my car.

·
Registered
427 Posts

Lastly, I am unable to open the trunk with my foot movement.what am I doing wrong? Tried every effing dance move. Lol.

Thanks very much.
You should be able to enter your VIN in topix without the fee and see available campaigns. However I would suggest you call the dealer to see if there are any outstanding recalls or campaigns.

I finally took mine in for the H228 campaign. While it was there, they updated all the software.
Infotainment is at S19B, latest version 436082
Telematics is at 18.2
All other software versions have to be checked by the dealer.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
You should be able to enter your VIN in topix without the fee and see available campaigns. However I would suggest you call the dealer to see if there are any outstanding recalls or campaigns.

I finally took mine in for the H228 campaign. While it was there, they updated all the software.
Telematics is at 18.2
Do you happen to have WattCat and if yes can you post the reported version numbers there so we can cross reference to Telematics 18.2?

Thanks.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Got mine back today with 19B and TCU updated to the "latest". Telematics reported 18.2 when I checked on the display.

WattCat reports TCU Software version J8A2-70712-AR with TCU config version J7A3-70713-BR.

·
Super Moderator
1,971 Posts
That's very interesting! 14.2 is AS 15.2 is AT, I wouldn't have guessed 18.2 was AR!
That may be an old record ... WattCat reports what's in JLR's database and it may take a day or so for the record to be updated ... just speculating though

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Telematics is at 18.2
Do you happen to have WattCat and if yes can you post the reported version numbers there so we can cross reference to Telematics 18.2?

Thanks.
Here is the screenshot thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
577 Posts
I scroll down in the software update display. Touch the bottom "Check for update" and it appears as shown. Maybe they fixed the display with 18.2 or some version between 14.2 and 18.2

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I scroll down in the software update display. Touch the bottom "Check for update" and it appears as shown. Maybe they fixed the display with 18.2 or some version between 14.2 and 18.2
I have same versions and mine shows nothing in 19b versions, if that is what you are running. Even after check update, multiple times.

·
Registered
84 Posts
In the photos above, do the colored circles to the left of the media part of the display mean or do anything? Is it significant that the top red one is solid and the others are unfilled? Sorry to temporarily change the subject but I have been wondering about this and never remember to take a picture when I'm in my car to post here. It seems like these colored circles indicate something but I don't know what that would be.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts