Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought the car to the dealer yesterday to change to summer tires and they loaded an update to version 2.0.9 which wouldn’t work via SOTA. First impressions, the profile amnesia appears to be resolved and it recognizes the key fob reliably. The climate control no longer selects LO when the profile is recognized. I have WIFI reception again. The version number is still not displayed but it says everything is up to date. One quirky thing I have noticed is that the connected accounts, such as Spotify, Deezer or TuneIn for some reason are blurred out on the media panel. They appear in full clarity and resolution when using the phone over BT or CarPlay as media audio source.
327373CD-BAED-4B87-B94C-D13B03EC79F7.jpeg

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am still on 2.0.8 and lost profile again just yesterday. I am so annoyed that I didn’t even recreate it this time.
that blurred out cover info is the same for me on 2.0.8 with built in Spotify.
I am taking my time now to use CarPlay instead. Let’s me say play interpret, let’s me say find a charging station along the route, it’s faster it just works. What a new feeling.
the only thing not working is the map in the instrument cluster, so I’ll probably use another layout for now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am still on 2.0.8 and lost profile again just yesterday. I am so annoyed that I didn’t even recreate it this time.
I am taking my time now to use CarPlay instead. Let’s me say play interpret, let’s me say find a charging station along the route, it’s faster it just works. What a new feeling.
the only thing not working is the map in the instrument cluster, so I’ll probably use another layout for now.
The map in the instrument cluster works fine, I have it setup with the 2 dials and the map in the center. Adding charging stations to the route works well, of course the longer the route the longer it takes to select the charging stops. I still haven't figured out if in EV options payment "credit card" and "membership" have any influence on the added chargers. By default both boxes are unchecked.
What also works now, which didn't before 2.0.9 (at least for iPhone), is using an address from your contact list on the phone as a destination in the navigation system. Now if you touch the pin beside the address in contacts it automatically starts calulating the route.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
242 Posts
The blurriness on the main screen for spotify has been there for me sporadically (not consistently but then I more often have my phone plugged in and it pulls via android auto) has been there for me for a while. Oddly the album art in the left hand instrument panel screen is displayed fully without blurring. I assumed it was some stupid Euro centric "safety feature".

I don't think I have 2.0.9 yet, are there any other increments from 2.0.8? I don't seem able to use contacts at all from Android so I guess that won't be changing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The blurriness on the main screen for spotify has been there for me sporadically (not consistently but then I more often have my phone plugged in and it pulls via android auto) has been there for me for a while. Oddly the album art in the left hand instrument panel screen is displayed fully without blurring. I assumed it was some stupid Euro centric "safety feature".

I don't think I have 2.0.9 yet, are there any other increments from 2.0.8? I don't seem able to use contacts at all from Android so I guess that won't be changing.
I think the blurred cover comes from the fact that the default diamond background on the main display is overlaid where the cover information should be.
When you open a contact on your phone and then switch to the navigation panel directly it might use the address as destination. It used to work sporadically with the iPhone contacts in that way. As far as I understand for Android phones there should be an extra icon in contacts for selecting the address as navigation destination.
I read somewhere, I think it was on the I-Pace FB group, that if you don't see the PiviPro software version, that the SOTA updates will not work?

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
242 Posts
It does overlay the hexagon pattern effectively at other times so seems a bit odd this happens

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try the following.
Set up your profile.
Next time you start up the car choose Guest profile, then hit the home icon. Then switch from Guest to your own profile and hit the home icon again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Brought the car to the dealer yesterday to change to summer tires and they loaded an update to version 2.0.9 which wouldn’t work via SOTA. First impressions, the profile amnesia appears to be resolved and it recognizes the key fob reliably. The climate control no longer selects LO when the profile is recognized. I have WIFI reception again. The version number is still not displayed but it says everything is up to date. One quirky thing I have noticed is that the connected accounts, such as Spotify, Deezer or TuneIn for some reason are blurred out on the media panel. They appear in full clarity and resolution when using the phone over BT or CarPlay as media audio source.
View attachment 5546
Gonna have to get that done when I get to Germany. Think the closest dealer to me will be in Nuremburg. @Lar for wi-fi in the car, what provider do you use for the sim?

Car shipped out yesterday and should arrive in Germany May 26th or so...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gonna have to get that done when I get to Germany. Think the closest dealer to me will be in Nuremburg. @Lar for wi-fi in the car, what provider do you use for the sim?

Car shipped out yesterday and should arrive in Germany May 26th or so...
Hi imvelez,
I was referring to the external WiFi connection at home, the car stopped connecting on the previous version of the software. I haven't tried the WiFi hotspot generated from the Vodaphone 4G eSim onboard.
Which I-Pace do you have?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi imvelez,
I was referring to the external WiFi connection at home, the car stopped connecting on the previous version of the software. I haven't tried the WiFi hotspot generated from the Vodaphone 4G eSim onboard.
Which I-Pace do you have?
I have the 2019 First Edition model.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My car tried to update to 2.0.9 several times now but everytime I come back to the car it’s back to 2.0.8.
one time it started humming like it would drive out of the garage.
man I was scared. I’m getting paranoid with this Jaguar coding skills lol.
I guess I’ll go let the dealer give it a shot.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My car tried to update to 2.0.9 several times now but everytime I come back to the car it’s back to 2.0.8.
one time it started humming like it would drive out of the garage.
man I was scared. I’m getting paranoid with this Jaguar coding skills lol.
I guess I’ll go let the dealer give it a shot.
While I was updating the maps yesterday I had a quick look at the software update info page again. For the first time since delivery it shows the version number and its not 2.0.9 as the dealer claimed but 2.0.8a. Directly after the dealer update I checked the same page, no version just the up to date message.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts