Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car came home after receiving the infotainment (19A) and battery regen software updates. A number of members have commented that 19A has disabled creep mode and sure enough, it was not working on my drive home from the dealer. The option to select "On" or "Off" was grayed out in the My EV screen and neither were selectable. Later however, while waiting at a busy drive through restaurant I checked again to see if Creep could be selected and IT WAS! I selected "On" and the system worked just fine. Perhaps a second look would be useful for those with 19A and a broken creep. Software version is: S19A_19.20.4-363281

The new software is much, much better. Voice still lags but I can tell it to go to an address and it recognizes the command. Navigation is faster and the entire system boots faster after starting the vehicle. I haven't seen a down side yet but I think I just jinxed myself....:frown2:

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
My car came home after receiving the infotainment (19A) and battery regen software updates. A number of members have commented that 19A has disabled creep mode and sure enough, it was not working on my drive home from the dealer. The option to select "On" or "Off" was grayed out in the My EV screen and neither were selectable. Later however, while waiting at a busy drive through restaurant I checked again to see if Creep could be selected and IT WAS! I selected "On" and the system worked just fine. Perhaps a second look would be useful for those with 19A and a broken creep. Software version is: S19A_19.20.4-363281

The new software is much, much better. Voice still lags but I can tell it to go to an address and it recognizes the command. Navigation is faster and the entire system boots faster after starting the vehicle. I haven't seen a down side yet but I think I just jinxed myself....[img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_sad.png[/img]
For what it’s worth, it is only selectable when the car is stopped. It greys out under motion - at least previously that was one of the various, seemingly random functions which can only be changed while stopped

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
For what it’s worth, it is only selectable when the car is stopped. It greys out under motion - at least previously that was one of the various, seemingly random functions which can only be changed while stopped
I like that explanation better than flaws in the new software.

I picked up the car at 100% SoC and range prediction of 250 miles. Arrived home after 27 mile trip and GoM showing 225. Was better range part of the update or was the system reset and the numbers are inflated?

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
I like that explanation better than flaws in the new software.

I picked up the car at 100% SoC and range prediction of 250 miles. Arrived home after 27 mile trip and GoM showing 225. Was better range part of the update or was the system reset and the numbers are inflated?
It would be hard to believe an infotainment software update would have any impact on fuel efficiency. I could see it with a battery control module/gateway control module/some other module update, but not infotainment.

Based on the recent TOPIX bulletin, it seemed to indicate range predictions are based on the last 11 hours of driving (plus whatever else is in the mix).

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be hard to believe an infotainment software update would have any impact on fuel efficiency. I could see it with a battery control module/gateway control module/some other module update, but not infotainment.

Based on the recent TOPIX bulletin, it seemed to indicate range predictions are based on the last 11 hours of driving (plus whatever else is in the mix).
Perhaps something with the brake regeneration update plus the service department worked on the unexplained battery drainage problem. They never figured out the issue and their only advice was to lock the car even while in the garage to possibly shut down processes that might cause the drain. This seemed to work as the SoC is the same after 14 hours. I didn't receive a copy of the paperwork and they might have updated other systems.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I am not sure about any actual range impact, but I've gotta say that after the Regen+Gateway modules update the range prediction on my car has become vastly more accurate. For the past 4 of my trips (each about 35 mile-ish in mixed city/highway driving) the drop in range has been within one to two miles of the actual distance driven. This morning I actually drove 35.8 miles while the range dropped by only 33 miles.

One other thing I noticed was that after the update, high regen was available even at 100% SoC. My dealer has a DCFC on site and had fully charged my car before handing it back. When I turned it on the green marker on the left side of the dial that indicates level of available regen appeared for a brief second and then immediately disappeared. And when I drove I could actually feel normal levels of regen braking and not the reduced levels at near full SoC like I have experienced before. So maybe Jaguar is now allowing regen energy to charge the previously reserved portion of the battery so people don't get into trouble due to reduced regen at 100% SoC? Or maybe all this was yet another instance of flaky/inconsistent Jaguar software and next time I charge the car to 100% I will experience reduced regen like before :grin2:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car was great for 30 hours and then the black-screen-of-death! Neither touchscreen works and toddler grandkids were in the car with limited temperature control. Last straw. Filing complaint with JLR and will blister this lemon on the advisory board. I don't want another car just my money. Unreliability with kids in the car is unacceptable especially for what we paid.

·
Registered
169 Posts
My software update was to a different 19A version performed on 6/3/19.

S19A_19.11.4-330884

With a charge to 100% I noticed the green regen limit bar on the left.
But the amount of regen feel was only mildly reduced.
Once the SOC reached 97% the green regen limit went away.
And regen felt normal.

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
My software update was to a different 19A version performed on 6/3/19.

S19A_19.11.4-330884

With a charge to 100% I noticed the green regen limit bar on the left.
But the amount of regen feel was only mildly reduced.
Once the SOC reached 97% the green regen limit went away.
And regen felt normal.
I honestly pay zero attention to regen ‘feel’, so I cannot speak to what changes, if any there are. But I too noticed my 19A was different than Curt’s. It is the same as yours

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
I don't want another car just my money.
That was fast, just a couple days ago you said if your car turns out to be a lemon you would just get another I-Pace because they are the best thing since sliced bread and the odds of getting two lemons is really low...

While I understand you are frustrated you now have the blank screens, you simply join many of us that have lived through the same issue. You are fortunate you only have the 1 problem and not the several that many of us have experienced. If JLR takes your car back because of this single issue they are opening themselves up to get A LOT of cars back and I will be at the front of that line...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't want another car just my money.
That was fast, just a couple days ago you said if your car turns out to be a lemon you would just get another I-Pace because they are the best thing since sliced bread and the odds of getting two lemons is really low...

While I understand you are frustrated you now have the blank screens, you simply join many of us that have lived through the same issue. You are fortunate you only have the 1 problem and not the several that many of us have experienced. If JLR takes your car back because of this single issue they are opening themselves up to get A LOT of cars back and I will be at the front of that line...
It's not one problem. It's 4 repairs in 6 weeks. My wife won't drive it because she's worried about the car breaking down and I won't transport the grandkids after a 93 degree day and limited climate control. It's our only car and we can't trust it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Software update won't fix adaptive cruise control locking into vehicles in adjacent lanes and suddenly applying the brakes. Neither will it fix the blind spot monitoring not alerting until a car is well past the rear bumper. Safety is highly important to me and a new I-Pace will be just as bad.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Software update won't fix adaptive cruise control locking into vehicles in adjacent lanes and suddenly applying the brakes. Neither will it fix the blind spot monitoring not alerting until a car is well past the rear bumper. Safety is highly important to me and a new I-Pace will be just as bad.
Agreed about the safety part. I've had a lot of issues BUT not the ones you're describing (other than the blank screens but they always come back after rebooting). In 2-4 weeks, my I-Pace is supposed to be getting another bottom screen (of the Touch Pro Duo)...it will be the 2nd replacement since I took delivery 12/1/18...so the 3rd bottom screen. Apparently, they don't have it stock and it's on order.

While it's unacceptable, IMHO, I'm still not giving up yet on the I-Pace...although almost definitely will be trading it in 3 years for a Porsche or Audi EV.

BTW - I did notice that after bringing my I-Pace in for the brake regen recall s/w update and likely other s/w module updates (as I was told my my Jag SA that they do all s/w updates if possible when in for service) that the Navi and other Infotainment system controls do in fact seem to be quite faster than before...so that's a very good thing! :) In addition, I also noticed that the max range counter in the driver's screen (in front of the steering wheel) seems to be hanging right around 260-280mi. max range for the past few days of mostly city driving, and so far, it hasn't adjusted down to 220-234mi. like it used to. Not sure what's going on here...did one of the latest s/w updates actually make the vehicle more efficient with longer max battery range OR is it just more efficient in the way it tracks the mileage used vs. max battery range? Or, is it actually more deceiving now, inaccurately showing a much higher max battery mileage range?

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
It's not one problem. It's 4 repairs in 6 weeks. My wife won't drive it because she's worried about the car breaking down and I won't transport the grandkids after a 93 degree day and limited climate control. It's our only car and we can't trust it.
At least you had some climate control. When the warm temps arrived after the long, cold winter I discovered the AC was dead on my car (another problem that seems too common based on Forum/FB reports) Works great now.

What were the 4 repairs you’ve had done?

What is your build date and number of your car (last 5 of the vin)?

By the way, based on your IMC software version number, it appears your software is a slightly newer release than the one they gave me. When you bring the car back I would tell them you want a full complete update (30+ modules).

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At least you had some climate control. When the warm temps arrived after the long, cold winter I discovered the AC was dead on my car (another problem that seems too common based on Forum/FB reports) Works great now.

What were the 4 repairs you’ve had done?

What is your build date and number of your car (last 5 of the vin)?

By the way, based on your IMC software version number, it appears your software is a slightly newer release than the one they gave me. When you bring the car back I would tell them you want a full complete update (30+ modules).
Thanks for the advice! I brought the car in today but will call them Monday with the request. I can't believe the issues your car has presented to you and the amount of time going to and from the dealership plus not being able to drive it. I do absolutely love the car and perhaps why I'm so disappointed. Repairs were for broken charge port locking mechanism, unexplained battery drainage, recall/infotainment system update and now inoperable touchscreens. I think the longest consecutive time the car has been home is 12 days. The car failed after only 24 hours from picking it up.

Another reason for pushing Jaguar to replace the car (I don't really think they'll do it) is to force them to simply communicate with me. I've been assigned a case manager who hasn't called or returned phone calls. The advisory board hasn't helped and not a single issue that I've posted has resulted in an email or phone call.

If it were just me, I'd live with the problems because the car is so phenomenal to drive. Toting grandkids and a wife who is afraid to drive changes everything. We'll see... If they can make the car reliable then I'll be the happiest person alive.

Build date: 73020.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the advice! I brought the car in today but will call them Monday with the request. I can't believe the issues your car has presented to you and the amount of time going to and from the dealership plus not being able to drive it. I do absolutely love the car and perhaps why I'm so disappointed. Repairs were for broken charge port locking mechanism, unexplained battery drainage, recall/infotainment system update and now inoperable touchscreens. I think the longest consecutive time the car has been home is 12 days. The car failed after only 24 hours from picking it up.

Another reason for pushing Jaguar to replace the car (I don't really think they'll do it) is to force them to simply communicate with me. I've been assigned a case manager who hasn't called or returned phone calls. The advisory board hasn't helped and not a single issue that I've posted has resulted in an email or phone call.

If it were just me, I'd live with the problems because the car is so phenomenal to drive. Toting grandkids and a wife who is afraid to drive changes everything. We'll see... If they can make the car reliable then I'll be the happiest person alive.

Build date: 73020.
We have a few more issues than you do, currently, replacing the hood latch (per TSB) and rear gesture control, and dead climate screen. Now adding another 2 weeks and counting to our loss of use. I can not disclose more as we are taking steps for arbitration. They request we use BBB Autoline for this arbitration. I am certain the Jaguar customer service group monitors this site.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The lack of communication was something that really bothered me and something that helped me get things moving with my I-Pace replacement was notifying local news channel. I contacted Michael Finney ABC 7 on your side and gave them the story of what I went through. They represented me and contacted JLR and the dealership. Next thing you know my car was replaced. I have had successful use of BBB for other things, but never tried them for car issues like this.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The lack of communication was something that really bothered me and something that helped me get things moving with my I-Pace replacement was notifying local news channel. I contacted Michael Finney ABC 7 on your side and gave them the story of what I went through. They represented me and contacted JLR and the dealership. Next thing you know my car was replaced. I have had successful use of BBB for other things, but never tried them for car issues like this.
I'm happy that Jaguar replaced your car. Get another I-Pace?

Bad publicity, especially for this particular car, will push Jaguar to replace unreliable cars. I've posted reviews on Cars.com, Edmunds and Facebook. I'll give JLR some time to make a decision before going to the press.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm happy that Jaguar replaced your car. Get another I-Pace?

Bad publicity, especially for this particular car, will push Jaguar to replace unreliable cars. I've posted reviews on Cars.com, Edmunds and Facebook. I'll give JLR some time to make a decision before going to the press.
I have been negotiating a replacement or buy back for the last month. Refer to my posts about the details. After JLR agreed to help with the transaction, last week, the dealer has been offering me a replacement with terrible numbers. I would be out of pocket for several thousand dollars! I refused the replacement and insisted on a complete buy back today. Will await their answer and keep the forum posted.
If this terrible service from JLR continues, we may have to think about a class action type of suit. Any takers?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did you loose a lot of money on the deal? I am going through a similar problem and they offered me a replacement, but I had a trade in offer which was $17,000 less than my original cost! I will proceed with my attorney if they continue with this bull.
I have asked for a buy back and will follow the Lemon Law for NC.
If not I may go with a class action suit -- any takers on this forum?
If you can discuss this in confidence may be we can direct message.
Thanks for your help.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts