Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
So question for others: I am still on 18d/14.2 and although the OTA shows “on” I have yet to have any update be available. It is now late Sep, are there others who have not yet gotten an OTA update? Is there any patterns/rhyme/reason?

I got my car in February, have the same module versions as you, and haven't seen an update yet either. I'm curious as to why some of us aren't seeing the updates too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Not sure I agree. Every car I've ever owned, manual and automatic transmission, will roll forward when taking my foot off the brake. Have you had one that performs differently?
Sure. Most recently Tesla Model S. When you press the brake pedal at a stop, it holds until either the brake is pressed again, or the accelerator is pressed. I will hold the car facing both uphill (like the I Pace) and downhill (unlike the I Pace).

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
For anyone who has successfully updated the software on their I-Pace can you please upload a photo on this forum thread of your telematics and infotainment version?
See attached - not the I-Pace, but they all use the same software (at least base version). I have infotainment 19A and telematics 16.2

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
For anyone who has successfully updated the software on their I-Pace can you please upload a photo on this forum thread of your telematics and infotainment version?
See attached - not the I-Pace, but they all use the same software (at least base version). I have infotainment 19A and telematics 16.2
My telematics version is blank. No idea why.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
I have 19A. Telematics version blank, pressing update does not reveal the version. Hmmm.
seeing the telematics version will likely be fixed when you update to 19B, however it takes a dealer visit to update do the Telematics module as I do not believe they are doing Telematics OTA yet.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
seeing the telematics version will likely be fixed when you update to 19B, however it takes a dealer visit to update do the Telematics module as I do not believe they are doing Telematics OTA yet.
I have infotainment 19B which was updated at the dealer, but telematics is still broken

What is broken about your telematics?

Your car shows you the telematics version number, which for some is blanked out - that was the issue fixed, the fact you couldn’t see the version.

My understanding is JLR has no plans to do telematics updates OTA until some future date yet to be determined.

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
147 Posts
Once the car downloads the file does the car need Internet connectivity to finish the install. My house is at the top of a mountain with iffy wifi internet? Thanks

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,526 Posts
Once the car downloads the file does the car need Internet connectivity to finish the install. My house is at the top of a mountain with iffy wifi internet? Thanks
No.

It downloads the update, updates to a 2nd partition, then comes people part of shutdown and lock the car, wait for the hazard switch light to go out, get back in and power on the car. Wait for the WIFI/3G/4G indication and the update should be complete. The tech doc says to wait 5 minutes more then check for software updates again. At this point, no update should be available.

The car will use a WIFI connection (such as your home WIFI if you have it connected) or the TCU built-in SIM for a 4G connection to accomplish the update.

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
147 Posts
Thanks for the great info. My dealer won't or didn't know how to push an ota. Otherwise they have been great. I called another dealership and the service advisor turned on ota's in the Topic software. I had to turn the car on and off to see the file for download. The advisor suggested tethering my phone to the car's hot spot. You turn off mobile data, find your phone as a network in wifi and the car is now using your phone to download any files. Anyway, I installed the file, got out of the car, locked her up. Came back an hour later, turned on the car and saw that my car was updated to 19.2 from 16.4. Very happy but a little nervous at the time but cheers to jlr. The car works as it should. Bravo.

·
Administrator
2,855 Posts
That's a good story. It goes to show that the capability is there as long as it's enabled by somebody at a dealership who knows what they're doing (and who actually wants to help)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks for the great info. My dealer won't or didn't know how to push an ota. Otherwise they have been great. I called another dealership and the service advisor turned on ota's in the Topic software. I had to turn the car on and off to see the file for download. The advisor suggested tethering my phone to the car's hot spot. You turn off mobile data, find your phone as a network in wifi and the car is now using your phone to download any files. Anyway, I installed the file, got out of the car, locked her up. Came back an hour later, turned on the car and saw that my car was updated to 19.2 from 16.4. Very happy but a little nervous at the time but cheers to jlr. The car works as it should. Bravo.
great tip

141 - 160 of 161 Posts