Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
19A has some bugs in it. Specifically, if you have the MyEV panel displayed in your customized screen, it will appear blank. You have to log out of profile and log back in to get the MyEV panel populated. Also, the language defaults to American Female voice at each start-up, even though the selected language for the system is different. Checking the updated software version for Telematics and Battery goes in an endless loop, a la "beachball."

·
Registered
277 Posts
19A has some bugs in it. Specifically, if you have the MyEV panel displayed in your customized screen, it will appear blank. You have to log out of profile and log back in to get the MyEV panel populated. Also, the language defaults to American Female voice at each start-up, even though the selected language for the system is different. Checking the updated software version for Telematics and Battery goes in an endless loop, a la "beachball."
I got mi i-Pace a week ago and was too busy to sit in the car and look at the system. Before pickup, I conformed that they were prepping the car and would make sure the Touch Pro software was up tp date. I just checked and I am at version S18D_18.47.5-269316. How old is this? They also said that SOA was enabled in Canada (they were not aware that it was not operation in the US, so they may be confused). I clicked on the "Check For Updates" button and it said there were no new updates.

Should I go and chew out my dealer? Was the regen recall for this version?

·
Registered
999 Posts
I got mi i-Pace a week ago and was too busy to sit in the car and look at the system. Before pickup, I conformed that they were prepping the car and would make sure the Touch Pro software was up tp date. I just checked and I am at version S18D_18.47.5-269316. How old is this? They also said that SOA was enabled in Canada (they were not aware that it was not operation in the US, so they may be confused). I clicked on the "Check For Updates" button and it said there were no new updates.

Are you having a problem with it? If not, you have the version you want. If so, yeah, go complain.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts

The '18' is the year of release and the 'D' indicates 4th quarter, all the numbers after it indicate which patch number of the version. Your software is what was available 4th quarter 2018, but when in 4th quarter I do not know.

19A has been out since January, but if you are not having issues, you don't 'need' it. A lot of folks are still reporting bugs with their upgrade to 19a. I just got my car back and so far it is working better than it ever has. CarPlay is still wonky and so is the car logging on to a wifi network. It isn't worse, just not better...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Having same issues with myev. Sometimes myev works, next drive it might not. Also some call shortcut Icons go blank and sometimes next drive they are there.

I noticed my estimated driving range increased noticeably. I don't know if there were system optimizations or there was a previous calculation error and range was under reported. Anyone else experience this?

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Having same issues with myev. Sometimes myev works, next drive it might not. Also some call shortcut Icons go blank and sometimes next drive they are there.

I noticed my estimated driving range increased noticeably. I don't know if there were system optimizations or there was a previous calculation error and range was under reported. Anyone else experience this?
I’m still experiencing some odd infotainment issues, especially lagginess at startup, but the touch screens are definitely more responsive. The lower screen has a momentary ‘ghost’ image when transitioning screens.The lag in the rear camera is almost completely gone too.

My fuel efficiency has also improved, but I am attributing that to the defective AC system that was replaced. Apparently the compressor was engaged 100% of the time, creating drag on the system.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have noticed the very same thing.:surprise:

·
Registered
107 Posts

Yup, the My Ev Panel doesn't load half the time for us and it makes me insane because we prefer different Regen levels so changing this every time when there's no easy shortcut on the main screen is sooooooo annoying when the panel won't load and we have to dive into the EV menu to do it. My #1 gripe with the infotainment other than general slowness.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have the same issue but with phone contacts. I have a custom home screen and it is pretty hit or miss on loading the names of my 1 touch contacts. I have to go to my profile log out and log in by pushing my profile name while stopped - even the fact you can only do this while stopped is absurd...

·
Registered
207 Posts
So I got the Regen + Gateway modules updated yesterday, and the dealer updated the infotainment system SW to 19A as well even though I didn't ask for it. I can confirm that the My EV panel is blank now and since yesterday is not showing the Regen/Creep/Low Power mode icons. Thankfully the creep mode has remained in OFF and has not reverted to ON after restarting the car like some people are reporting. I will call the dealer and complain so that hopefully the feedback can trickle back to JLR.

Dantrium, are you also seeing the blank My EV panel after your update?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks, Dantrium. I meant the My EV panel on the home screen. But luckily it reverted back to showing it this morning so maybe it's an intermittent issue. Ugh.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just got my I-Pace back from getting the recall done. I asked them to also try to fix the EV Panel disappearing and check for any updates and apply them, and open a TA ticket with JLR if they can't fix the EV Panel cuz I'm so tired of having that issue. I was already on 19A when I dropped off the car but they said there were 2 brand new software updates that just came out so they applied those and resolved the EV Panel issue with an update. I've only had the car 2 days but so far the EV Panel is loading every time so fingers crossed! I'll report back next week with another update.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Are you having a problem with it? If not, you have the version you want. If so, yeah, go complain.
Thanks for that constructive response. Since they add new functionality in addition to fixing bugs (as well as adding new ones), there is often a good reason to update (are you still running Mac OS9 or Windows 98, by the way?, They seemed pretty good in their day, so why update?). My point was that I asked that it be brought to date before delivery, if anything to make sure they actually paid attention. Looks like they did not, so one more data point to form an impression of the service at this dealer I am forming a relationship with.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
302 Posts
My point was that I asked that it be brought to date before delivery, if anything to make sure they actually paid attention. Looks like they did not, so one more data point to form an impression of the service at this dealer I am forming a relationship with.
It actually isn’t really the dealer’s fault. JLR NA has told their dealers they are only allowed to update software in response to a specific complaint where the update notes indicate it will resolve the complaint.

Personally I think that is a pretty terrible way for the company to treat their customers, but I don’t blame the dealer for following the guidance from the national distributor.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Thanks, Dantrium. I meant the My EV panel on the home screen. But luckily it reverted back to showing it this morning so maybe it's an intermittent issue. Ugh.
Sorry, I don’t use that particular panel, so I wouldn’t know if it is acting like yours

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
It actually isn’t really the dealer’s fault. JLR NA has told their dealers they are only allowed to update software in response to a specific complaint where the update notes indicate it will resolve the complaint.

Personally I think that is a pretty terrible way for the company to treat their customers, but I don’t blame the dealer for following the guidance from the national distributor.
It may simply be because considering the state of their software and bugs it makes more sense not to roll out releases to everyone that trades one set of problem with another one unless the customer complains about a particular issue. Can you imagine if you updated and something you relied on broke and there was no fix yet?

Of course solution to all this is simple: get someone in charge of software that knows what they are doing!

·
Registered
392 Posts
It may simply be because considering the state of their software and bugs it makes more sense not to roll out releases to everyone that trades one set of problem with another one unless the customer complains about a particular issue. Can you imagine if you updated and something you relied on broke and there was no fix yet?

Of course solution to all this is simple: get someone in charge of software that knows what they are doing!
Exactly right! I had the car updated to 19A to fix a number of problems and 24 hours after getting my car back both touchscreens went black and there is now an unexplained drain on the battery. I am frustrated beyond belief.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just got my I-Pace back from getting the recall done. I asked them to also try to fix the EV Panel disappearing and check for any updates and apply them, and open a TA ticket with JLR if they can't fix the EV Panel cuz I'm so tired of having that issue. I was already on 19A when I dropped off the car but they said there were 2 brand new software updates that just came out so they applied those and resolved the EV Panel issue with an update. I've only had the car 2 days but so far the EV Panel is loading every time so fingers crossed! I'll report back next week with another update.
Thanks, billfan. Let me know if it sticks and I will bug my dealer for this new new update :smile2:

·
Registered
277 Posts

It makes sense in retrospect, but since I had not been impressed with their knowledge of the car, I went in with a bit of confirmation bias. Other than slow response at times, it seems to be working ok...

41 - 60 of 155 Posts