Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Software glitches

6K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  2761 
#1 ·
I've had my I-Pace for a few months now, and I quickly discovered some odd things the software does that it shouldn't. Has anyone else dealt with the issues below?

•The backup camera usually comes up right away, but the image will "jump" after it lags behind real time (thus allowing me to smack the object behind me).
•The music source will switch to FM from XM all by itself (I swear I'm not touching a thing!).
•The forward camera will come on by itself if n object is near the front of the car, and then it won't turn off until I manually turn it off.
•When I back up and the camera goes on, it does not return to the original screen when I put the car in P or D; it often goes to the home screen instead, and then I have to take my eyes off the road to put it back to what I originally had up on the display.

I've taken it to my dealer to resolve these issues (plus a few other issues), and they said "you're all set," but...nope. All the aforementioned malfunctions are still present.

#2 ·
I've had some similar camera issues and mine keeps jumping to radio rather than XM when I disconnect Android Auto. The last is a problem I've had since the car was new, the camera issue is recent though.

#11 · (Edited)
Agreed. The 360 view isn't make to handle being close to objects, the cameras don't understand what plane the viewed objects are on. The 360 view software is assuming the cameras are seeing the ground plane, not vertical objects. The view is only reasonable for the ground, not any close up tall objects or walls. These get distorted when it tries to mathematically map the view onto the ground surface it assumes the camera is seeing.

The only time I've found it useful is to see if I'm well centered in a parking spot. I use the side-camera view to watch the front wheels to get close to the curb to maximize clearance on the the other side without a danger of curbing the wheels. The front camera is handy when pulling out of the company parking garage into cross-traffic, which in my case is a bit blind otherwise.

#14 ·
software - many issues

leaper229 ... I have many many software issues.
- media - doesn't save "state", i.e. I turn it off, then when I start the car again, it is playing
- sometimes the lower middle screen doesn't show the media player, even though that's what I configured ... it will decide to show climate instead
- I hated Android Auto as it was extremely slow to get started, and it had very few controls, like picking what podcast I want to listen to ... I uninstalled it ... however, it keeps popping up both on the dashboard and on the device ... it's driving me crazy
- the maps keep coming up with notices covering the display that I can't dismiss and don't want
- can you only get to putting in a destination in park? A bit inconvenient if you a driver and a passenger who can do the programming
- can't figure out how to reset the trip odometer
- the cameras work for me, but very hard to get to the view you want when you want it ... sometimes other views seems to randomly pop up
- in fact, random is my impression of the whole UI design
The list goes on. I love how this car drives, but I've started to hate it. I think I'm going to take a digital recorder and do a voice diary to send to the product manager.

#15 ·
leaper229 ... I have many many software issues.
- media - doesn't save "state", i.e. I turn it off, then when I start the car again, it is playing
- sometimes the lower middle screen doesn't show the media player, even though that's what I configured ... it will decide to show climate instead
- I hated Android Auto as it was extremely slow to get started, and it had very few controls, like picking what podcast I want to listen to ... I uninstalled it ... however, it keeps popping up both on the dashboard and on the device ... it's driving me crazy
- the maps keep coming up with notices covering the display that I can't dismiss and don't want
- can you only get to putting in a destination in park? A bit inconvenient if you a driver and a passenger who can do the programming
- can't figure out how to reset the trip odometer
- the cameras work for me, but very hard to get to the view you want when you want it ... sometimes other views seems to randomly pop up
- in fact, random is my impression of the whole UI design
The list goes on. I love how this car drives, but I've started to hate it. I think I'm going to take a digital recorder and do a voice diary to send to the product manager.
What software version is the infotainment system using? A lot of your trouble sounds like my car prior to updating from 18D to 19A. 19A fixed many of those issues so it may be worth your time to bring it in for service. Recording the problems to either video or audio is a great idea.

I am able to set a destination in the nav while driving but I find the voice command is good and far less dangerous. 19A fixed my voice command problems and if you set both the touchscreen and instrument panel to American English it should work fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.