Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went onto Jags US dealer inventory . There are some 700 2020s and 300 2019s. So some speculation . Will Jag postpone any 2021 release until this inventory Decrease? How much incentive will they need to introduce? I assume more than the current offers ?

Would welcome speculation

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
If the sales figures were higher those numbers might be fine ... I got my brand new 2020 with a $5K dealer incentive and another $5K off by the dealer; it would seem crazy to discount an amazing vehicle like this even more! The problem is that people are just not buying it no matter how great the deal.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I think ALL auto manufacturers are going to be facing the same problem in short order. Tesla had to halt production - in part due to lockdown - but declining sales will mean "inventory pileups" at their plant if they didn't. They don't have a dealer network to dump production onto. Plummeting gas prices aren't exactly helping the EV industry either.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
832 Posts
They probably won't postpone 2021 models, but they will have produced fewer 2020s than planned.

European car manufacturers will start producing 2021s in May or June (depending on the company) as those months have always been when the model year manufacturing switch over occurs. Of course that assumes plants reopen by then, otherwise the production will start later.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Jaguar hasn't allowed allocation for any new I-Pace's in the US since at least November when I started inquiring. They were selling between 150-200 per month in the US, so 1000 would be a six-month supply with normal selling conditions. I imagine some decent rebates in the coming months to clear out stock for the 2021s. They were offering 0% financing, but now it's been rolled back to 1.9%. Not sure why with the crisis.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Jaguar is bleeding, but then so is everyone else.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jag dealers here in Houston are advertising 10 percent off MSRP plus zero percent finance . This is off all Jag models . They will need to much more heavily discount these I Paces to reduce stock

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A Jag dealer in Mass is offering 30k off msrp on 2019 FE and HSE models that were corporate demo vehicles . They have a bunch it seems Early model VIns with around 3k To 4K miles . Is that worth it over a truly new one at 10k to 15k off msrp ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
A Jag dealer in Mass is offering 30k off msrp on 2019 FE and HSE models that were corporate demo vehicles . They have a bunch it seems Early model VIns with around 3k To 4K miles . Is that worth it over a truly new one at 10k to 15k off msrp ?
If it's 30K off and both federal and state rebate coming, as Sciencegeek had advised depending on the actual measurements, I would recommend buying one with less than 4K miles on it.

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
When I bought my new (second) one, I asked the dealer for evidence that the battery is good and they gave me the attached, which I trust because it's JLR's diagnostic tool.
[In case anyone wonders, the SoH from pathfinder does not match the SoH reported by the API, which cannot be trusted]
I would be ok with slightly less than 100% health, maybe 98% or 97%. Mine right now has 97% after 800 miles and has held steady after an initial drop from 100%.

temp.png

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went onto Jags US dealer inventory . There are some 700 2020s and 300 2019s. So some speculation . Will Jag postpone any 2021 release until this inventory Decrease? How much incentive will they need to introduce? I assume more than the current offers ?

Would welcome speculation
I would expect the factory is closed, so they aren't currently manufacturing any 2020's right now anyway. Everything is on a big PAUSE.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts