Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
A week or so in. Compared to the I-Pace: The Model Y is: Smoother on rough patches. Floatier. Not at all sporty handling. Easier to see out of. No rear cross traffic sucks. Seats are OK but not great. I actually prefer the Jaguar lane keeping to autopilot. Newest update gimped autopilot to 45mph max, which is stupid. Ugly. Overweighted steering, even on the lowest setting. More efficient. Equally fast but feels slower. The UI is terrible. More range. Weaker AC. Weaker roof heat rejection. I can feel it on my bald spot. :( Better app. Easier ingress/egress. Lower quality interior by a country mile vs an FE. Number steering but not bad. Poor charger location. Gotta back in. Nicer camera images, but the side cameras are too far to the front. Why none in the rear corners? idiocy. Cannot adjust regen settings. Better one pedal stopping. Lower. Cannot raise height. I will buy a lift kit and rear camber adjustment. In the meantime, I may add spring boosters to get an extra inch of ride height or so all around.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The build quality that I can see is pretty solid. I've heard and seen 1000 problems with other Teslas. There's a small scratch on the wood dash, not something worth replacing. The steering wheel groans as it goes in and out. is that normal? No idea. Otherwise, the body panels are tight enough that, short of going over it obsessively, I see no issues. There are no creaks or groans. It's not I-Pace quiet, but it's a good place. The stereo is not even close to the Meridian, but it's better than the vast majority of car stereos. I need to play with the EQ a lot, though. Even when flat, the bass is overdone. I should eventually do test tones so I can hone in on a proper EQ. I was stressed about not getting to use a local fast charger, but the Tesla store just got the CHADEMO adapters back in stock. I could imagine getting the performance for the LR AWD like I did, but I want higher suspension, not lower. Bigger brakes are a waste on an EV. I plan to add a hitch eventually, but it's not needed for a few years, if and when my daughter leaves with the Forester. The 7 seater is an extra 3000, which is just stupid expensive for vestigial seating I may use five times in the course of owning the vehicle. I may buy an aftermarket performance booster that adds drift mode and some other nice mods.

It also bears repeating that autopilot is utter shit. It's just as bad as it was when I first tried it maybe 6 years ago.

I do not regret the purchase. I think I hit the sweet spot.

·
Registered
2019 S with S21A and 16.2
91 Posts
I was just talking about how much better the heat rejection on the Jag than my Model 3. I had to sometimes move the airflow to above my head just to keep the top of my head comfortable. I also mentioned how much better the dynamic cruise was on the Tesla. Maybe you received one of the Y’s that doesn’t have a radar and will depend solely on cameras. If so you will be guinea pig while they develop it. Having both is a great situation to be in.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was just talking about how much better the heat rejection on the Jag than my Model 3. I had to sometimes move the airflow to above my head just to keep the top of my head comfortable. I also mentioned how much better the dynamic cruise was on the Tesla. Maybe you received one of the Y’s that doesn’t have a radar and will depend solely on cameras. If so you will be guinea pig while they develop it. Having both is a great situation to be in.
I think it worked above 45mph and then, with the new update, it stopped working. My understanding is that they disabled it on all cars with the update, but I don't really know. I'm not a fan of the whole beta thing again. Seems like Tesla is always in beta somehow.

I was thinking of getting an American flag on the roof, kind of like how Minis get the British flag.

Seriously, though, I was worried with the Jag about the sun's heat, but it was never an issue at all. Just ordered a sun shade.

Also, apparently, the car needs mudflaps.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Double post. Also, the new software on this forum is ass.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts