Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone familiar with the smart settings on their car? Trying to figure out how to get it to switch profiles between Bluetooth and not the key. Looks like a third key would need to be programed? That seems a little redundant to have the key only and not Bluetooth devices.

TIA

·
Registered
427 Posts
Is anyone familiar with the smart settings on their car? Trying to figure out how to get it to switch profiles between Bluetooth and not the key. Looks like a third key would need to be programed? That seems a little redundant to have the key only and not Bluetooth devices.

TIA
Let me ask a few questions and make a couple of comments to see if I can understand the issue.

1) Have you created two profiles? Each profile can have their own phone.
2) If you have created more than one profile, have you set one as the default? You would do this if you want one device to be primary when both devices are in the car.
3) Are you trying to set up more than two profiles? I'm thinking this is the only time you might get a request to have both a Key and Phone combination.

You can set up more that one device per profile and you can set a default, for example personal phone and work phone if you have that need.
You can add your spouse's device to your profile and set yours as the default. However, a call on the spouse phone might not connect if you don't explicitly go into the profile and choose it as the active phone.
You can set up more than one profile but it is recommended to use both Key and Phone identifiers so that car will keep your settings and learn. The only problem here is that if you have two profiles with unique key/phone pairs, you need to make sure the profile is selected for the driver so that the preferences get saved to the right profile.

You can create a profile without a key and just add a phone/bluetooth device, but if more than one device is in the car, you have to choose the profile to be active for the device. You can have 10 profiles created and you would push the smart settings icon to choose the active one.

Please describe the issue you are encountering or the behavior you are expecting, so that we can collectively get you a better answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts