Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Except for one random time over the last 2 weeks, when I press the screen button for SiriusXM nothing happens.
I believe it is an I Pace issue and not a SiriusXM issue.
Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know how to fix it?

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
I have not experienced this ever in my 2019 and now my 2020 I-Pace. Did your trial perhaps expire? Or maybe the siriusxm antennae has come loose?!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Deutsch100 for responding. My Sirius account is active and up to date. About the antennae, it looks fine from the outside-I'm not sure how to check for a loose wire inside. I tried doing a reset with SiriusXM but it cant even get to the channel 1. I press the screen button and nothing happens. I thought maybe a software update (via my Wi-Fi) might fix it, so I went to the Settings and did a "Check for Updates" and now it seems to be stuck saying that it is updating. This is the first time for me to try an update since I got the car in February. It said my latest version is 19C_19.46.4-458817. The manual says to start the update with the car locked-I didn't (hope that's not a big deal).
Have you done any updates at home using Wi-Fi?)

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I got S20A and S20B1 via SOTA. Once your update is complete, perhaps your Sirius will come back. There is some procedure where you upload the SOTA (I did mine via WiFi at home), and then you have to turn your car off and lock it. SOTA should install upon start up. I think you need to leave you car locked a min. of 30 mins, but I did overnight to play it safe.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
905 Posts
The updates after 19C did contain fixes for Sirius XM not working for some. The updates may fix it.

All you have to do, is start the update with the car on. It does not matter if the doors are locked at that point. Once the update downloads, there is a period of time where it is doing prep work for the update. It will put out a message in that update screen saying it will install the updates after the car is shut off. That is when you shut off, get out, lock it and walk away for at least 15 minutes. The next time you get in, everything will seem normal when you power it up, but after a few minutes there be a little message saying the update has installed.

If it installs S20A, then it will probably prompt to install the next update after that S20B and after you install that repeat the process with S20B1. Eventually, we hope, you'll get up-to-date on the infotainment software.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
It may be possible to jump over versions without going through each one to get to the most current. My Velar went from S18D to S20A a couple of months ago. Yesterday it went from S20A to S20B1 and never stopped to load S20B (however I believe SOTA was never sent to the car with S20B). The car is still on telematics 14.2 also.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
215 Posts
Just FYI: Sirius has been working fine for me through all versions of the infotainment since I bought the car in early 2019. Sorry to hear yours is being uncooperative.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I completed the update successfully and it is now up to S20B1.
I turned on the car and the SiriusXM was right there and worked fine.
Drove for a while. Stopped for 2 hours. No Sirius again.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I completed the update successfully and it is now up to S20B1.
I turned on the car and the SiriusXM was right there and worked fine.
Drove for a while. Stopped for 2 hours. No Sirius again.
Oh no. You will for sure need a Service appt. You must have a loose sirius receiver connection. Sorry.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Except for one random time over the last 2 weeks, when I press the screen button for SiriusXM nothing happens.
I believe it is an I Pace issue and not a SiriusXM issue.
Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know how to fix it?
My 2020 started doing the EXACT same thing a couple of weeks ago.

Sometimes it will work and sometimes not. There is no exact pattern. Yesterday, I couldn't use Sirius at at all. Today it works!

I can't get to the dealer for a couple of weeks yet but please post an update for us if you or your dealer figure it out before then.

Thanks.

Roger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took it in to Jaguar Service earlier this week and got it back today. They had to replace the IMC (Infotainment Master Control Module ). NOW MY CAMERA SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK, so I have to take it back on Monday :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts