Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my front screen to the Media screen where is shows the album and has it in the background, which I love. There are things that bug me though: Could the font be any smaller? As we all get old, we need bigger fonts. Also, the display only gives the XM channel and the name of the song. What do we all want to see when we hear a song? The name of the artist. But you have to go back to the middle panel and hit media. I say get rid of the channel on the scene in front of me and give me the name of the artist instead. The channel is on the lower panel and the middle panel I know what station I am listening to.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
1000% agree. If you have Media set on the main instrument cluster, like I do, it should say the Artist, Song Title and Channel...like EVERY other car.

If using the lower (Climate) screen for media...same info should be displayed.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
274 Posts
My biggest "little" gripe is the nav system / voice command can't use bluetooth contacts for addresses. Having to manually load stuff in via Here is awful.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
My biggest little peeve is that when my car is parked in my locked, secure and safe home garage and my car is charging...I have to look for the key fob in my gym bag or jacket to hit the unlock button so I can remove the charger. This is is lamest "feature".

With our 3 BMW plug ins, the only time the charger would be locked while charging, is if the car was locked, ex. using a public charger.

I was actually hoping H264 would have fixed this idiosyncrasy!

·
Registered
794 Posts
My biggest little peeve is that when my car is parked in my locked, secure and safe home garage and my car is charging...I have to look for the key fob in my gym bag or jacket to hit the unlock button so I can remove the charger. This is is lamest "feature".

With our 3 BMW plug ins, the only time the charger would be locked while charging, is if the car was locked, ex. using a public charger.

This makes no sense to me either. Makes it a chore to unplug the charger

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts

You should be able to unlock with the little button in the door handle...provided your key fob is within the prescribed distance

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
You should be able to unlock with the little button in the door handle...provided your key fob is within the prescribed distance
I thought so too, nope (at least with my I-Pace). I called the dealer and they actually said they get a lot of confusion & annoyance about this. You need to use the key :|fob with the keyless car

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
281 Posts
I thought so too, nope (at least with my I-Pace). I called the dealer and they actually said they get a lot of confusion & annoyance about this. You need to use the key [img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_plain.png[/img]fob with the keyless car
Works that way for me. I haven't taken the key out of my pocket in months. Car set to unlock all doors at once. Press the button on the door handle, open door put jacket and phone in car, disconnect the charger, coil up cable and get in. Real easy.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I haven't taken the key out of my pocket in months.
:surprise: Don't you ever change your clothes or, at least wash them? :grin2:

Car set to unlock all doors at once. Press the button on the door handle, open door put jacket and phone in car, disconnect the charger, coil up cable and get in. Real easy.
Mine is set to only unlock the driver door and it still unlocks the cable when I press the handle button. It is documented that it can take a few seconds before unlocking. Also, after unlocking the driver door, you can press the unlock button on the inside of the door to have the same effect as pressing the FOB button.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts