Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to remove the Jaguar decal from the black trim at the bottom of the front doors? I think they look like a cheap afterthought.

Also, I found this piece of black duct tape inside the left rear wheel well, and it looks like there’s some adhesive residue in the same spot of the right:

Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
Is that on both doors, driver and passenger?

What are the last 5 digits of your VIN? You have an early edition dealer demo, you might just have such an early build that they slapped the Jaguar on as a tape before they had the proper part available. (Neither of mine have tape there, it's embedded plastic letters). Same logic for the duct tape :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
I agree with @sciencegeek
I've looked into possibly removing this and the HSE stickers on the side of my car and they were not taped on. They almost seemed like there was Clear coat over it

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My VIN ends with 62416. According to CarFax it was put into service October ‘18.

But I’m not sure I understand how the same logic applies to the duct tape; what should be there instead?

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
My I-Pace was built 88 vehicles before yours was built. Upon inspection of my car there should be a fastener similar to the one in the upper left of your photo about where the duct tape is located (maybe behind the duct tape). Needless to say the duct tape is not suppose to be there.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Vinsuz, I believe you have the option of dealer replacement of these JAGUAR & HSE parts on your vehicle under warranty. Some owners of cars had these stickers that faded with exposure to sunlight and had them replaced with new parts with molded-in lettering, there have been some forum reports of this.

I saw your other posting where you prefer the de-badged look. It should be possible to have these decals carefully peeled off without scratching the gloss black surface.

I was disappointed when my car arrived at the dealer with the molded JAGUAR on the doors after seeing a demo with the removable decals and I already planned to remove them from my car.

See your dealer for those missing plastic fasteners too, they are used on all JLRs vehicles.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
550 Posts
The Jaguar rocker panel stickers were an early accomodation. I noticed them on the 'dealer demo' I-Pace I first saw in August 2018, asked about them, and was told it was an early "demo" adaptation. This turned out to be true: my delivered car, 4 months later in December, had the Jaguar emblem professionally "baked in" to the panel, no sticker. I still don't particularly like it. The I-Pace is the only Jaguar vehicle with branding on the side. I would remove it if it was a 'sticker' on my car. Had I known about the 'blackout' option, I would have taken it to remove that 'Jaguar' branding.
As for the duct tape, that's a head scratcher...

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
681 Posts
Interesting... I actually like the 'Jaguar' script on the side of mine and wouldn't remove it, even if I could....
100% One of the first things I noticed when I looked at the I-Pace in person at the dealership, was the Jaguar script on the lower, side of the car. I love it. Mine is not a glue on sticker, but rather part of the strip. It looks amazing, I think!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any chance one of you folks with the raised/molded "Jag" (and "HSE") in the rocker panels could post a close-up? I'm trying to decide whether I want to ask the dealer for the "correct" panels or just remove the stickers.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Any chance one of you folks with the raised/molded "Jag" (and "HSE") in the rocker panels could post a close-up? I'm trying to decide whether I want to ask the dealer for the "correct" panels or just remove the stickers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks PS!! Look way better than the stickers!

Reactions: PS702

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sorry for the dust on picture, but on mine, it seems a little bit easier to remove.... But no intention to do so.
Do you know why some have a cheap sticker, and some don't ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Early VIN
I reached out to my dealer’s parts dept. to inquire about getting those panels replaced under warranty, but he said it might be a while before he hears back from Jaguar because the plant is working on a skeleton crew.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update: In the two months since my original post the dealer received the side panels (after a couple of false starts when they received damaged parts), but unbeknownst to me at the time, required painting. It seems the black side moldings on the front doors extend all the way down to the bottom of the door, which includes the body color on the bottom. They got back from the body/paint shop on Tuesday, but of course kitty is still at Harrisburg Jaguar (see THAT story here). The small, black 'HSE' moldings on the front fenders just pop on and off.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
465 Posts
Interesting situation. I assume the photon red paint will fade somewhat over time. This will be a pain in the neck should those of us with early VIN#'s choose to replace the side panels at a later time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts